F1 2010 ABS - Having difficulty

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
What am I doing wrong? When I turn ABS off I really struggle with some corners. What am I doing wrong?

Breaking too hard? not early enough? too early?

The steering just locks up and I go straight on into the gravel trap.

cheers for any help.

You can get away with some braking while turning at some tracks, in some conditions etc - so many variables you can only really pick up through a lot of practice.

To be on the safe side, try and do all your braking before you turn. Master the corners and then try pushing it. You will feel much better making the corners albeit a little slower speed, if you take a good line and get a good exit, which will only happen if you get the braking point and entry correct. This will encourage you to push it a bit until you find the limits of what works for you.

Also, you could try initially braking hard and gradually releasing the brake as you make the turn, feeling the way through. Obviously the FFB is pap and doesnt really help you anticipate much. This is why getting to know the track is imperative in F1 if you want to do well.

Lastly, you may need to adjust your setup. If you are a heavy braker, maybe a lighter pressure would be better for you. I would read David's guide -

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-game/60388-f1-2010-guide-full-david-oreilly.html

Its the shiz.

what I do, and I could be terribly wrong but it works for me 1) your statement is correct braking and turning, cannot happen at the same time. I downshift, to bleed out most of my speed and use the brakes for fine tuning, but either way, whether you brake then downshift, or downshift then brake you have to break the age old video game tradition of going into a corner way too hot and braking/sliding your way out, when a turn comes, you need to have already done everything in anticipation of that turn, from setting up your positioning on your preferred race line, to bleeding out any speed you dont want.

what you describe sounds a lot like what my brother, my brother in law and I kept doing when we started playing the game, we were seasoned racers from consoles mostly and it sounds to me like you are approaching on the inside of the corner, slamming on the brakes and trying to fishtail it (i could be wrong) instead cutting straight across, its a tactic that works in a lot of games on a lot of systems and has created terrible habits at least for us three. I have caught up a little quicker then my partners in crime (the setup is mine, unfair advantage) but I keep pushing them, the slower you look, the faster you are going, my current goal is to not scrub the tires, the less of it I hear the better.

Whoa I ramble too much, short verson, slowdown before the corner, and the second you are far enough into the corner to see a straight shot out, start to accelerate out. please if I am off base, someone correct me

cannot is an ugly word, you can. its a PITA, but once you do it you feel much better about accomplishing it. just take ABS off, and forget about it. with TC, drop it to medium, get used to it, then take it all the way off. I cant talk too much I am having a similar battle with the driving line, some tracks I am fine, but others I just cant seem to do away with it

Brake in a straight line.
Start your down-shifting halfway through the braking zone.
Off the brakes and hold the bite-point on the throttle through the corner (hear revs but not accelerating).
Power on when you can straighten the wheel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back