About infraction system.

I was unsure as to where to post this on the forum but as it is mostly about dual race events i think its best to post this here?

I was wondering if a new rule should not be added to the system namely "leaving in between 2 races".

I did my first mini friday event last friday and was kinda shocked that even though we started on 24 cars in race1 only about 14 started in race 2. I also crashed early on in the race but if you ask me if you enrolled for a 2 Race setup you should race both races even if the first one went bad. To me this was a bit of a letdown as well, i am not quick yet so for me race 2 was almost as driving solo as only the "quick" people stayed on.

So i was thinking should this rule not be added? i know you get infractions for not showing up but as far as i know nothing prevents you from leaving in between 2 races? if it is a 1 race event and you crash i dont see any problem leaving but if it is a 2 race event i think people should stay out of respect for the people still racing and for the people that wanted to race in the event but could not as it was full for race1.

Anyone feel the same or is it just me?

Chris.

Infractions for not showing up? Didn't know about that.
Anyway, it's not easy to enforce anyway. Infractions for connection or power loss or hardware or real life issues?

Agreed about filling the grid up, and then leaving, that's poor.

It can be a pain, but you can't force people to stay on. Whether ten people leave or just one, there's no way of proving why they left. It can and will lead to unfair accusations and penalties. The current infractions system relies on replays as evidence, but unless RD members are forced to film themselves with a video camera during events, there is no way of proving anything.

Hi guys, attendance issues are kept note of by the race organizers and will be taken into consideration when filling the grid for future races, particularily popular club series where grids are usually full. People with poor attendance records may be bumped down to reserve status in favor of people with better attendance.

This is something that has recently been discussed by the Racing Staff.

Hi guys, attendance issues are kept note of by the race organizers and will be taken into consideration when filling the grid for future races, particularily popular club series where grids are usually full. People with poor attendance records may be bumped down to reserve status in favor of people with better attendance.

This is something that has recently been discussed by the Racing Staff.

Ah good to know ;)
Keep up the good Work :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back