F1 2010 About difficulty levels? Hard is too easy, expert is too hard for me. pls hlp

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello all,

I love F1 2010 game despite some unrealistic errors. I am now in my second year. First year I was racing for Toro Rosso and playing with ther hard level. It is very interesting beacuse I have 8 poles and 5 or 6 wins. After that unexpected performances I had offer from Ferrari and I accepted it.

I try to race with expert level. But the frontrunners are always faster than me about 1.5sec.

But in hard level I am faster than the that frontrunners about 2 sec. So I want to find a balance between them but I do not how. Please help and advice about that?

I suffered a similar problem. Going from Professional AI, TCS on,ABS on, to yr 2 Expert mode.

You have some options depending on exactly what settings you currently use.
In essence you need to
a) use some assists a little while you get faster: TCS on half for example or poss turn off the fuel sim as it affets you more than AI. Assists will diminish the realism but allowyou to compete. You can access them in the pause menu. Fuel sim option is available in the team van when looking at Career mode.
b) really work hard on testing setups (can use GP mode to save engine wear).
c) Practice and work hard on yr pace and strategy.
With practise it is possible.

Also bear in mind that the car you are driving should get faster with updates (not sure with Ferrari on this).

Practice seems to be only option... I struggled at first but now I can win a couple of races on Lotus on Expert!!! I played about 15 seasons now, the tracks are so familiar with me seems to help a lot.

Practice is the key. Knowing the tracks, when to accelerate and decelerate is critical to know. Pushing the car as far as you can manage helps.

Driving conservatively and aggressively can have a 2 sec difference. :)

Also given that Ferrari started in Tier2, it should be normal to be in the 3rd or 4th position as the McLaren and RBR is tier 1.

Once you're familiar with the tracks, you may find that even expert mode is too easy. And thats where you will need Mods to help. RDDev 2011 total conversion is a very good place to start with.

Tips: Attack the AI during corners. Usually the AI will brake very early with the default even on expert setting. You need to out brake them, cut into their line for a better positioning. As usually on the straight, its tougher to outrun them.

or you can try playing longer distance because with more laps at your hand, you can push further to catch up with the AI. Once you're in P1, you need to start playing defensive but not pushing too hard to have any mistake and you're good with the default game. Their Corner entry is slow. This is the key point which you need to remember. If you can't be in the top of the qualifying, practice more. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back