A70 The Lang Whang

Tracks A70 The Lang Whang 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
MikeR1D submitted a new resource:

A70 The Lang Whang - Real stretch of road in Scotland

This is a 7 mile point to point track based on a section of the A70 in central Scotland, I used to drive this road a lot when I was younger, so I made it into my first track for AC. There's still some rough edges and the AI might give you a bit of issue, but I will update it once I learn more.

View attachment 478320

SOL and CSP req
GrassFX
20 pit boxes

View attachment 478321
View attachment 478322
View attachment 478323

Read more about this resource...

Track loads fine for me. This is a great start on this track, however one problem I noticed is the road/driving surface is way too bright in any sort of sunlight. If it's very very overcast or raining, it's fine. When the sun comes out it's almost bright white. Aside from that, great driving road! Can't wait to see future updates.

Last edited:
Nice track, cameras and all! Thanks for sharing!
The only problem for me is that the tarmac is really bright.
Screenshot_jf_bmw_m8_shan_langwhang_30-4-121-20-13-51.jpg

Hey, thanks for the feedback, sorry some are struggling to load bit sure why, Also I have no idea how I got that tarmac so bright, not the plan! I've been driving it mostly at about 7pm when it looks great, but I'll deffo get the lightning fixed

Can I ask why it was created to only work with SOL and CSP?

You've probably guessed that I don't dive deeply into AC and have never bothered with either.

Last edited:
Can I ask why it was created to only work with SOL and CSP?

You've probably guessed that I don't dive deeply into AC and have never bothered with either.
I'm not the original creator, but I think the answer is because it adds a substantial amount of functionality as well as updating everything to make it drive and look better. I believe more tracks will utilize this moving forward so better get on the train before it leaves the station lol.

downloaded version 1.1. installed it into content/ tracks as before.
It installs with no problem and shows up as a track you can choose from, but as before, I get the same notice..." TRACK NOT FOUND". I am using CSP 174, the lastest version.

It installs with no problem and shows up as a track you can choose from, but as before, I get the same notice..." TRACK NOT FOUND". I am using CSP 174, the lastest version.
Ahh sorry about this, I don't know what's causing that issue for you but i'll try and solve it by the next build, thanks for the feedback

It might be worth deleting the folder called extension in the install folder, it will disable GrassFX but might make the track work.

It might be worth deleting the folder called extension in the install folder, it will disable GrassFX but might make the track work.
I deleted the extension folder before installing it, still get the "Track not found" notice. I'll see if it works when you finish the update. Thanks

I can confirm that the track does load, but *only* if you use CSP 1.74. This is a bit of a faux-pas as the latest recommended version is 1.60, but it's probably not easy to reverse-engineer the mod now that it's been made to work on 1.74.

It's a road I used to drive in real life every other fortnight, and while I can't exactly remember it turn for turn these days, you've captured the feel of the road well. Hope you extend the road one day!

I can confirm that the track does load, but *only* if you use CSP 1.74. This is a bit of a faux-pas as the latest recommended version is 1.60, but it's probably not easy to reverse-engineer the mod now that it's been made to work on 1.74.

It's a road I used to drive in real life every other fortnight, and while I can't exactly remember it turn for turn these days, you've captured the feel of the road well. Hope you extend the road one day!
yeah CSP1.74 seems to work, but nothing else does. I really wish I knew why, it wasn't the plan!

I've got a textures update for this bit and then I'm going to extend the road the other way to Balerno, thanks for the feedback!

The reason why I won't bother (yet) with CSP is again this "some stuff doesn't work, others does". I want a track to work, not bring me work. Shame it won't work without CSP, just posting to let you know that some would like it without CSP.

The reason why I won't bother (yet) with CSP is again this "some stuff doesn't work, others does". I want a track to work, not bring me work. Shame it won't work without CSP, just posting to let you know that some would like it without CSP.
No worries, totally understand that, learning a lot as I go along so hopefully I can figure it out what's causing the conflict in a future update

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back