A7-Assist - Gamepad FX

Misc A7-Assist - Gamepad FX 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I really like this mod, but the steering is constantly oscillating more than is natural back and forth. Is there a way to reduce the counter-steer?

[mod edit: non-English text removed. From our board rules: "The main language at RaceDepartment is English. Other languages are permitted only in private and profile messages."]

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what I'm going to say is crazy, but...
Could you do this for the steering wheel?
I mean the cars go exactly in the direction I want, like your script does with the controls, but another script for steering wheels.
You would help a lot of people if you created a script like this for flyers.
we could drift with any car, regardless of its power, wow that would be amazing !

For some weird reason Geraint's version works better for me, for drifting.
Well I used a hybrid between controller settings from you and his mod.

Anyways once again THANK YOU for your mod, love it!

Last edited:
Excellent mod. However, the counter steer is too strong, which means it's constantly waving from side to side. Is there a fix here? The steering is oscillating more than is natural. Thanks!

For some weird reason Geraint's version works better for me, for drifting.
Well I used a hybrid between controller settings from you and his mod.

Anyways once again THANK YOU for your mod, love it!
I wish i could find the folder location where i drop Geraint's Ver. Cannot find the destination C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\lua\joypad-assist

Do you see it?

Attachments

• assettodir.png
    assettodir.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 34
The steering wheel in the game does not return smoothly and the controls are intermittent and hard to control. on YouTube videos, everything works smoothly for people. I've tried playing on another computer and everything is fine there, but I don't understand what's wrong with my computer

Can it be used without custom shaders patch? I have a low end pc so for me its better using default launcher
Sorry, this script is not available in the default launcher as it works with the CSP functionality.

If you want to reduce the load on your PC, please consider enabling only Gamepad FX and disabling post-processing, weather mods, etc.

i did everything in the tutorial but my car dont drift and i still need to manually countersteer to drift
is there something wrong in my assetto corsa?
PS. i have content manager and i activated gamepad fx and choose a7-assist

Can you set it to have a key bind to disable it on the go? I like the script for drifting, but when doing grip racing, I prefer the raw controller feel, as it doesn't jiggle like the script does making it unpredictable. and I don't want to have to restart every time I switch from drift to grip racing, especially when doing laps around Nordschleife

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.