A7-Assist - Gamepad FX

Misc A7-Assist - Gamepad FX 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Akeyroid7 submitted a new resource:

A7-Assist - Gamepad FX - It makes gamepad operation more comfortable.

Akey7's Steering-Assist​

View attachment 595890
Thanks to Content Manager's new Gamepad FX.
I have been waiting for this moment.

What is it?​

Gamepad FX allows for customization of gamepad behavior through scripting. I first tried a sample script, but it didn't have enough steering speed and would sometimes apply more counter-steer than necessary.

I had been thinking about the concept of steer...

Read more about this resource...

I followed the installation path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\lua\joypad-assist), but when I go to Gamepad Fx the new script is not there. I'm using CSP v.0.1.78.
I may have explained this in a confusing way.

Please put the "base_custom_akey1" folder in the zip into the "joypad-assist" folder.

The "base_custom_akey1_geraint" is another version for gripping.
It can be installed in the same way.

If you have successfully installed it, it will look like this.
bandicam 2022-09-01 00-13-17-094.png

I have changed the AC installation directory to G: drive, but normally it is C: drive.
(Sorry for the Japanese Windows screenshot)

Please put the "base_custom_akey1" folder in the zip into the "joypad-assist" folder.

View attachment 596466
I have changed the AC installation directory to G: drive, but normally it is C: drive.
Yup! That worked. Many thanks! :^)

Akeyroid7 updated A7-Assist - Gamepad FX with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 - A7-Assist is now on RaceDepartment!

At first I posted the Google Drive link on Twitter, but I wanted more people to use it, so I posted it here as well.

Minor corrections and changes have been made in this version.

• You can enjoy cars with small steering lock angles like F1
    I just recently tried my first F1 ride in AC and it steering wheel soooo slow! It is so slow that I would call it a bug at the earliest. That's not surprising, because regardless of the lock angle, Gamepad FX treats the steering wheel...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've tested the gamepadFX with this A7-Assist script, it felt really good and the assist really helped me to drive properly, but the main thing that I wish to improve is when we do braking into some corners, the steering just lock into a straight positions, so it always makes the car wants to initiate a drift, I hope that thing could be fix. Lastly, I also hope we could get gamepadFX handle a very tight corners, because sometimes it's hard for me to deal with slow tight corners on some touge tracks, my car just won't go steer any tighter into the corners, so yea if that's possible to fix it would be great.

I've tested the gamepadFX with this A7-Assist script, it felt really good and the assist really helped me to drive properly, but the main thing that I wish to improve is when we do braking into some corners, the steering just lock into a straight positions, so it always makes the car wants to initiate a drift, I hope that thing could be fix. Lastly, I also hope we could get gamepadFX handle a very tight corners, because sometimes it's hard for me to deal with slow tight corners on some touge tracks, my car just won't go steer any tighter into the corners, so yea if that's possible to fix it would be great.
Thanks for your feedback.
A known issue with the current version is that the automatic counter-steer effect is sometimes too strong when the front wheel slips, making it impossible to turn a tight corner.
I'm trying different ways to improve this.

Great stuff! However, could you post which lines of the code are responsible for gamma, deadzone and also trigger deadzones? I'd like to edit all of those, and I can't distinguish it in lua file. Thanks

Great mod, because it allows me to use 100% gamma. I can't work with higher gamma.

I got zero rumble, though. I now set the vibration slip to 0. It's at 0.01 default. If I want tire slip vibration, do I really have to choose? Or can I have default rumble, and tire slip? Should I increase the 0.01 because I didn't feel anything?

Great stuff! However, could you post which lines of the code are responsible for gamma, deadzone and also trigger deadzones? I'd like to edit all of those, and I can't distinguish it in lua file. Thanks
To edit the gamma and dead zone, edit the values in this section of "assist.lua".

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-12-12 10-06-39-381.png
    bandicam 2022-12-12 10-06-39-381.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 183
Great mod, because it allows me to use 100% gamma. I can't work with higher gamma.

I got zero rumble, though. I now set the vibration slip to 0. It's at 0.01 default. If I want tire slip vibration, do I really have to choose? Or can I have default rumble, and tire slip? Should I increase the 0.01 because I didn't feel anything?
The default rumble effect and "Vibration Slip" cannot be used at the same time.
If a non-zero value is entered for VIBRATION_SLIP, the default rumble is disabled.

If you feel the rumble is too weak, enter a value greater than 0.01, or enter 0 and adjust the controller settings (Rumble effects) in the Content Manager.

Note: default rumble is based on all wheels, while Vibration Slip is based only on the front wheels.

Question, would it be possible to make a version where you can switch between the normal script and the geraint one like how the Gamepad Force that's available in CSP?
As I like to use both, one for Drifting and one for Grip Drift/Slip Angle Racing.

Question, would it be possible to make a version where you can switch between the normal script and the geraint one like how the Gamepad Force that's available in CSP?
As I like to use both, one for Drifting and one for Grip Drift/Slip Angle Racing.
Thanks for the info.
It looks like I will need to use a newer version of CSP to implement the ability to switch between multiple modes in GamepadFX.
I will look into how to implement this.

@Akeyroid7 Do you have a recommended controller setting for grip racing with your Geraint version script ? thank you !

Speed Sensitivity:
Steering Speed:
Steering Gamma:
Steering Filter:
Steering Deadzone:
The settings described on Geraint's page may be helpful.
ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads

Note: The actual steering speeds in "ConsoleFX" and "A7-Assist Geraint's Settings" are different. This is because "ConsoleFX" does not adjust the steering speed according to the steering lock angle.

Wonderful assist! Makes it actually playable to drive and race. The only problem I have with it is that it's really hard to do a 180 handbrake turn as the car immediately starts to countersteer. Wish there was an option so it doesn't countersteer as much at lower speeds.

Wonderful assist! Makes it actually playable to drive and race. The only problem I have with it is that it's really hard to do a 180 handbrake turn as the car immediately starts to countersteer. Wish there was an option so it doesn't countersteer as much at lower speeds.
yeah its kinda hard to stay on the edge of grip like you would with touge/rally racing

View attachment 596466
i did evertyhing buy when in the bas custom akey1 it donesnt say .luua or .ini

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea