A Question About Tracks in GTR2

I have GTR2 installed on my system - not the Steam version, but from the original CD's and the 10th Anniversary patch.

A number of track variants are locked and unavailable to me right now. How do I unlock them? (Do I need to go thru the entire Driving School or is there a patch or cheat available to unlock them?)

Thanks!

if you run gtr2setup.cmd which is in your main gtr2 folder, you can choose if you wanna unlock all tracks
Hmmm.....I can't find "gtr2setup.cmd" or even "gt2_setup.cmd" in any of my folders. Could you specify exactly which folder it should be in?

Thanks!

As bo79 told you

Anniversary readme

GTR2_SETUP :
------------
GTR2_SETUP.CMD (double click on CMD file to run it) is a basic DOS-Shell menu I have made and which allows to set 43 pages of options very easily, quickly and flawlessly ; you don't need to ask you where to put files because ALL IS AUTOMATIC, you just need to type a number or letter at each page :
XL - Stock game files to play ONLINE
XLI - cheat ON/OFF
XLII - configure video settings
XLIII - options to run GTR2

The solution is to create a blank text document in your GTR2 root folder and then name it SDNDTG.DYN in all caps, being sure to delete the .txt from the file name. This will unlock all tracks. Otherwise, you would need to complete the driving school, I believe.

However, about GTR2_SETUP:

Once you download and extract part 1 and part 2 of the HQ Anniversary Patch and copy everything into your GTR2 folder following instructions contained in the download, GTR2_SETUP should be located in your main GTR2 directory. Click it, and it will show a command window -- follow the instructions onscreen.

I noticed you used the words "10th Anniversary", which was the old term for the patch (it has since been renamed). Have you downloaded the most up-to-date version linked above? I ask, because the setup prompt thingy was only added within the last year or two.

Last edited:
yes I changed "10th Anniversary" to "HQ Anniversary" 2 years ago and major updates have been included so far : hq patch 15.8.2 is at miles away that old 10th Anniversary patch was with lots of new fixes because my skills in 3dsimed have increased a lot (stock gtr2 game has got hundred of small bugs contrary to GT Legends which is quite bug free).

The solution is to create a blank text document in your GTR2 root folder and then name it SDNDTG.DYN in all caps, being sure to delete the .txt from the file name. This will unlock all tracks. Otherwise, you would need to complete the driving school, I believe.

However, about GTR2_SETUP:

Once you download and extract part 1 and part 2 of the HQ Anniversary Patch and copy everything into your GTR2 folder following instructions contained in the download, GTR2_SETUP should be located in your main GTR2 directory. Click it, and it will show a command window -- follow the instructions onscreen.

I noticed you used the words "10th Anniversary", which was the old term for the patch (it has since been renamed). Have you downloaded the most up-to-date version linked above? I ask, because the setup prompt thingy was only added within the last year or two.
I installed the 10th anniversary patch a number of years ago and have NOT downloaded the most up-to-date version. So I'll try your "SDNDTG.DYN" method later today and report back.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nope - This didn't work for me. :( Do you think it would be safe to install the latest patch (the one that you reference in Post #6 above) over my current installation which has the original 10th anniversary patch already installed over the original CD's?

Last edited:
There are 43 pages to tweak gtr2 in hq patch 15.8.2 : cheat mode is around page 40 and I assure that it works on new clean gtr2 install in d:\GTR2HQ by example then extract both part1 then part2 of hq patch (click yes to overwrite ALL) then run GTR2_SETUP.CMD

Since it appears that I've misplaced the original CD for GTR2, I think that I may as well just purchase and install the Steam version and start all over since it's currently on 50% off sale.

Besides the updated 10th anniversary patch, what other patch(es) would you recommend to present GTR2 at its best and brightest? Any provided links for those patches would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas so far, guys!

EDIT: I've purchased the Steam version and applied Parts 1 and 2 of the HQ Anniversary Patch. Everything is working great now. Quite impressive work, GTR233! Thanks for providing such a great resource for the Community!

One last GTR2 question....(I promise).....Is there any way to assign "Look left/right" to buttons on the wheel? I don't see that commonly available option anywhere in GTR2

Thanks again!.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.9%