A Good Sim Racing Combination?

rFactor 2 / BMW M2 CS Clubsport (450hp, on-board TC enabled recommended) / Dijon Prenois (custom track) / 9 am
rFactor 2 / Porsche 911 GT3 Cup / Oulton Park or VIR (Reiza)
AMS / Metamoro AJR / Road Atlanta or Bathurst or Spielberg
AMS / Ford Focus (Copa Petrobras de Marcas) / Meindig Flugplatz Langschleife / 10 am
AMS / Ultima GTR Race / Imola 72 / 9 am

Last edited:
Agree with the Porsche GT3 Cup on Sebring but using RFactor2 version (those bumps are insane).
Enjoy a good fight with full AI grid after a random qualifying slot.

Alternatively, any Brazilian track in AMS with the Porsche GT3 from GT3 World.

I agree:) I like in every sim basicaly the Cup Car:) In RF2 its also a lot of fun on Dijon;) or on Monaco. But the Ruf GT3 Car in Iracing on Sebring feels pretty special and unique to me. I litterally enjoy every second of it when I'm driving driving there:)

Corvette, C5 at Mid-Ohio. Of course, I like the C6/C7.... but the sound of a C5 and Mid-Ohio is my Weakness

Assetto Corsa, Feldbergring track racing any of the Grand Prix Legends '67 F1 against a full field starting from the rear. Love to slip and slide those machines up and over that mountain! It's the original Bathurst! Recommend VR, of course and try some pretty fall foliage early morning or late afternoon for some ambiance. It goes without saying but get the new Sol 1.4 & CSP.

GTL and anyone of many different mods. You like the 50's? D Jags, Maserati's and Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa's. You like the 60's? Ferrari 250 GTO's vs Astin's vs E Jag lightweights. The 70's? Brickyard legends has covered the 70's with 935's, Lancia's, BMW's and Greenwood Corvettes. It's IMSA time. If you search around you can run the IMSA prototype era too. Almost any track from any era too! I am starting to like AC. Bazza's mods are like running GTL with nicer graphics. But I always go back the GTL. One of the best!

I've gotten into F1 2018 and started driving all the tracks backward. Sure you get the annoying "Wrong Way" warning, but it's like everything is new again. My favorite backwards track is Spielberg and I even set faster lap times on occasion.

For ages, my go-to combination about 10 years ago was rF1's Lotus 23b by st-Dave at any smaller tracks, especially Brands Hatch 1950, Putnam Park etc. I wish someone makes this car into AC, with similar kind of physics. Have to confess, I converted it to AMS1 for personal use, and it's awesome in there as well. But with different throttle map code in AMS it's even more momentum car than it was in rf1, and its the rare occasion where i miss that immidiate low-end torque that rf1's version was giving. (while still the car being pretty low-powered). The brilliance of that Lotus is it's very stable, very low and light, that makes it corner amazing, but unlike more modern cars of similar class, it is still having that old-school suspension travel, a bit of rolling, it's tailhappy if you really force it into that, but its power is not capable to spin you around, the engine bogs down at exact right moment of a slide, and this alone feels like a cherry on the cake.

HistorX's Pantera felt amazing at Zandvoort in rf1.
In AMS the HistorX Porsche 911S 2.0 feels utterly amazing at Oulton Park.
Also in AMS the Opala at Buskerud Ice is a proper challenge and workout, providing a huge grin in the face.

in rF2 I've had a huge blast with Enduracers Alpinie A450 @ Zandvoort, then MCR at VIR full, F-Vee at VIR North, and AJR at Ibarra.

in AC currently the best combo for me is Legends Cars at Bikernieki - any layout, probably High Speed layout the most, for most authentic and even scary experience. Also same cars and Russell-Alexis at Sergio's Ring Djursland and LilSki Calabogie.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea