A Complete SimHub Overlay Pack for AMS2

Other A Complete SimHub Overlay Pack for AMS2 0.9.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just another quick question about the colours. Will it have a colour picker, or will it still be like a written colour similar to what it is now? Thanks.
It will use the Gary Swallow Plugin colour selector (as I was dumb and forgot this existed!)

1712238667728.png

Joseph Wright updated A Complete SimHub Overlay Pack for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Major update and overhaul of various systems

Changelog for 0.9.3

Leaderboard
  • Added working practice and qualifying interval and leader gaps
  • Added best and last lap times for practice and qualifying
  • Adjusted pit icon display
  • Hidden position change data during practice and qualifying
  • Now only displays top 20 cars
  • If outside top 20, an additional section will appear up to two cars ahead and two cars behind
Relative
  • Hidden position change data during practice and qualifying
  • Safety car...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Maybe a silly question, but how do you actually use the Plugin to set the colours? I'm not too proficient with SimHub. (As you can tell :) ) Thanks again.
Maybe a short Tutorial/Readme could be useful.
To set up custom class colours, you must use the Gary Swallow Plugin:
  1. Open SimHub and navigate to GarySwallow
  2. Go to the 'Misc' tab
  3. Change the class colours
    • Currently Text Colour is not implemented but will be added
GSP.png

Last edited:
Another good update, nice! For me at least RPM gauge is just shy of the right timing but way better & for some reason the leaderboard always shows "no data" for laps or names or anything (although it does show correct positions)
I can certainly have another look at the RPM guage.
Do you have Gary Swallow Plugin installed and enabled, as the majority of the data is pulled from this plugin, including times and names. The positions are pulled from SimHub itself which is why I think this could be the issue.

To set up custom class colours, you must use the Gary Swallow Plugin:
  1. Open SimHub and navigate to GarySwallow
  2. Go to the 'Misc' tab
  3. Change the class colours
    • Currently Text Colour is not implemented but will be added
View attachment 744043
I've been there. Chosen colours, but nothing shows up. Do you have to be in AMS2 and in a race to use it or? It just says Custom Class 1 Colour, not an AMS2 Class. How does it make it into your Leaderboard.?
EDIT: I do not have Gary Swallow GUI in my SimHub. Just Additional Plugins, which is where the same item is located. I am using the latest version of SimHub and the Plugin. Is there something else I am missing to get that Gary Swallow GUI in SimHub?

Last edited:
Great overlay and the new update added some nice features. The tyre color change is working fine now.
Keep up the good work. Do you have a list of things you would to add in future updates?

I've been there. Chosen colours, but nothing shows up. Do you have to be in AMS2 and in a race to use it or? It just says Custom Class 1 Colour, not an AMS2 Class. How does it make it into your Leaderboard.?
EDIT: I do not have Gary Swallow GUI in my SimHub. Just Additional Plugins, which is where the same item is located. I am using the latest version of SimHub and the Plugin. Is there something else I am missing to get that Gary Swallow GUI in SimHub?
No, I just have it as an additional tab. Where it is is fine. I frequently race AMS2 and have not experienced this issue. If you are racing a single-class it will ALWAYS display white. It will only show colour on multiclass races. Are you in a single-class or multiclass race?

Great overlay and the new update added some nice features. The tyre color change is working fine now.
Keep up the good work. Do you have a list of things you would to add in future updates?
I do have a large laundry list of things that I am debating doing and currently working on. The list is being added to frequently.
1712314302683.png

I am working on the timing box this morning. Just thrown together the basics for now:
1712314379157.png

Last edited:
No, I just have it as an additional tab. Where it is is fine. I frequently race AMS2 and have not experienced this issue. If you are racing a single-class it will ALWAYS display white. It will only show colour on multiclass races. Are you in a single-class or multiclass race?
Single, that could be why then. Didn't realise it was for MultiClass only. Although, that does make sense. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks
On another thought, have you thought about incorporating the fastest lap into the Leaderboard?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that but yes I do have the Gary Swallow Plugin
I'm not sure what this issue could be then. Possibly your AMS2 is not outputting data. Have you set it up with SimHub?
Check this for me:
1712314821972.png

If it is display names correctly when you are in a session, then the issue lies with my overlay. If it is not, then the problem is with either the plugin or SimHub in general.

Single, that could be why then. Didn't realise it was for MultiClass only. Although, that does make sense. I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks
On another thought, have you thought about incorporating the fastest lap into the Leaderboard?
I was debating keeping the Best and Last lap times from the practice and qualifying layout but thought this might be a bit much. The overall fastest lap and personal fastest lap will be visible in the new timing box that I am creating. I could look at doing a pop up for when a new fastest lap is posted if this is something that would be wanted.

I was debating keeping the Best and Last lap times from the practice and qualifying layout but thought this might be a bit much. The overall fastest lap and personal fastest lap will be visible in the new timing box that I am creating. I could look at doing a pop up for when a new fastest lap is posted if this is something that would be wanted.
I'm talking fastest lap of the race only here, not everyone's best. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a pop up box that shows Driver name and time, that stays for a few seconds, then disappears. Or maybe just have the Fastest Lap Time in Magenta next to the Drivers Name on the Leaderboard. That way you can always compare your time to the fastest.
BTW I got the Colours working, but would be so much better if you could have permanent Colours for the Classes, that way every time you race, you get the same class colours. Like the way you had it, only with a better way of choosing the colour. Thanks for the Overlays.

Last edited:
I'm talking fastest lap of the race only here, not everyone's best. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a pop up box that shows Driver name and time, that stays for a few seconds, then disappears. Or maybe just have the Fastest Lap Time in Magenta next to the Drivers Name on the Leaderboard. That way you can always compare your time to the fastest.
BTW I got the Colours working, but would be so much better if you could have permanent Colours for the Classes, that way every time you race, you get the same class colours. Like the way you had it, only with a better way of choosing the colour. Thanks for the Overlays.
1712360949424.png

This is the timing box I am working on, which shows the overall fastest, your personal best and your current/last lap. Is this what you mean?
This has always been the way the overlay has worked with class colours - which is possibly why the file system was not working for you before.

View attachment 744273
This is the timing box I am working on, which shows the overall fastest, your personal best and your current/last lap. Is this what you mean?
This has always been the way the overlay has worked with class colours - which is possibly why the file system was not working for you before.
My thought was a simple Pop up, that showed the Drivers Name and their Time in, say Magenta. After a couple of seconds, it just disappears. Or the other thing I was thinking of, was to Highlight the Drivers Name on the Leaderboard, again, in say Magenta, and have the fastest lap, also in Magenta, next to his Name. That highlighted Name, time, and colour remain, until another driver beats that time, then his name is Highlighted, and the new Best Lap Time is placed next to his name. Trying to look at all that other info in a race, is probably a bit much, especially if it's a close race. Just my 2 cents worth. I have no idea if it can be done, or if it would be worth it to do it.
So it would not be possible to make the colours permanent for specific classes?
Just another question. How do you get to the Drivers lower than 20th?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes