Cars 911 (992) GT3 car has very odd internal lighting/relections?

So i downloaded a mod for the new 992 GT3 race car but i has some very odd lighting in the cockpit view, the windscreen moves like its raining and there are internal reflection flashes around the cockpit.

Does anyone else have this mod and this issue?

1) hard to help without any pictures

2) CSP version - SOL version

3) not aware of any proper/legit 992 GT3 mods… unethical to assist you if this is a Forza rip with copy/paste Kunos physics
I doubt its a Forza rip as this car isnt in any game yet afaik.

I will try to grab a quick vid as a single screenshot wont catch this...but it will have to wait until my rig stops melting (its warm here)

• Deleted member 223075

@Chugster2204 You can easily see that your problem is related to .dds texture related to INTERNAL_glass
ORG
gvnj.jpg

NEW
1lbb.jpg

EDIT: here is the uv map for glass...
49me.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 223075

Do i just paste this somewhere? Or use CM to import it?
=> https://anonfiles.com/n7qa9071u1/INTERNAL_glass_rar

Put it in each skin you want to correct the problem, you can also copy and rename it "glass.dds" (use the two dds in same time but normally only internal is needed)

You also have to put this in ext_config to replace smGlass shader

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_100]
MATERIALS=glass, INT_WINDOWS
SHADER=ksWindscreen

UVmap is just to show how bad is made.

Last edited by a moderator:
=> https://anonfiles.com/n7qa9071u1/INTERNAL_glass_rar

Put it in each skin you want to correct the problem, you can also copy and rename it "glass.dds" (use the two dds in same time but normally only internal is needed)

You also have to put this in ext_config to replace smGlass shader

UVmap is just to show how bad is made.
that link seems dead can you email if i pm you my email?

Also there isnt an ext_config or glass.dds file in the skins folders for the GT3

Last edited:
Decent mods, or Kunos cars. The game does have 911 GT3 Cup as official content, lest we forget. It's the 2017 model so it's not brand new, and it has an unfashionable circular steering wheel, but on the other hand all the flaws that are in this mod aren't there. Then there is the Porsche 911 GT America mod that is top quality.

OP seems to be particularly attracted to trash quality mods, but then he complains when trash quality mods turn out to be trash quality. Dude, how about you make your mind up about what you want

Last edited:
Decent mods, or Kunos cars. The game does have 911 GT3 Cup as official content, lest we forget. It's the 2017 model so it's not brand new, and it has an unfashionable circular steering wheel, but on the other hand all the flaws that are in this mod aren't there. Then there is the Porsche 911 GT America mod that is top quality.

OP seems to be particularly attracted to trash quality mods, but then he complains when trash quality mods turn out to be trash quality. Dude, how about you make your mind up about what you want
Damn you guys sure are dispelling the notion that simmers are elitist

If either of you two geniuses (Hoksu and garyjpaterson) can find me what you call 'decent' Porsche 992 mods then you can be preachy but if you cant then you can take your unhelpful comments elsewhere.

I know these arent the best mods but they are the only mods of the latest Porsche 992 i can find.

Last edited:
Damn you guys sure are dispelling the notion that simmers are elitist
Not really, there's a least some sort of ethical code around here. Coming to a respectable site to demand help for a shady mod you got through random google searches... well, will result in those types of answers.

Last edited:
If either of you two geniuses (Hoksu and garyjpaterson) can find me what you call 'decent' Porsche 992 mods then you can be preachy but if you cant then you can take your unhelpful comments elsewhere.
Nowhere did I say there was a decent version of this specific car.

My point is simply this; what about this specific car is so desirable that you insist on using a trash mod which doesn't even resemble the car in any way? A mod which requires you to cover your eyes to remain even a little bit convinced that it resembles the real thing, is it worth that?

I can't fathom it. What is the appeal? It looks and more than likely drives absolutely nothing like the real car, how on earth is that more appealing than choosing on of the many well made mods?

Have you ever seen the actual 992 cup? Even disregarding the horrific quality of the modelling which affect every single polygon, what they've tried to model isn't even correct :roflmao:

(had to massively brighten everything, its just black otherwise lmao)
custom_showroom_1626784949.jpg

unknown.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back