90hz/60fps or 60hz/60fps for VR ?

Hi there.
I'm new to VR, i have an Acer Windows MixedReality headset, a RX570 8Gb and i5 4590 processor.
My spec can run solid 90fps in practice mode (alone on the track) but when it come to race, the maximum stable it manage to maintain is a solid 60 fps (full grid) and i've already spent a whole week trying to optimize thing with parameter and even with oveclocking my graphic card.
As WMR owner already know, the WMR steam VR motion reprojection is a complete garbage, not only producing lots of artifacts (ghosting etc.....) but also lots of stuttering and even 1sec lag sometimes, wich make motion reprojection not a option for me.......
SO my question is if i can get stable 60 fps, do I need to reduce the headset to 60hz, or just let it at 90hz ? the main reason is of course to reduce possible motion sickness.

Thanks !

I will do a test on rfactor 2 but yes i think my pc is old but even if it just to see which component i need to upgrade first i need to know, but i think the definitive answer of this thread is I need to find a setting to lock 60 fps and run it in 60hz until they fix they shitty Motion reprojection ......

A little update :

Strangely, with all setting set to low and SS to 0.7 (wich is equal to occulus CV1 with SS 1.0) and a full grid of 23 AI in Rfactor 2 i can almost run Stable 90 fps (drop to 70 on start but return to solid 90fps 2 or 3 corner later). As far as i now, AC is far way most optimized for VR than RF2 and as strange as that can sound, i never managed to get stable 90 fps with AC in full grid, Never, with the lowest possible setting an SS .........

PS : this is only valable for clear/dry/day racing (wich is almost the only condition in online league) the framerate drop considerably once the night come or if it rains ......

Are you sure about that, because if I do want to run AC-VR I’m getting balt by always put the Headset off & on my head, while in rF2 its stays on my scalp, while scrolling to all the menus, ending/ starting the game etc.

I mean, Optimized for VR performance, not UI.

Are you running the Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR beta? I found performance on the Beta to be much worse than the non-beta version. That is perhaps something to consider?

Ah ! i think there is only beta version ! how can i change that to non beta ?

Are you sure about that, because if I do want to run AC-VR I’m getting balt by always put the Headset off & on my head, while in rF2 its stays on my scalp, while scrolling to all the menus, ending/ starting the game etc.

I mean, Optimized for VR performance, not UI.

Are you running the Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR beta? I found performance on the Beta to be much worse than the non-beta version. That is perhaps something to consider?

Ah ! i think there is only beta version ! how can i change that to non beta ?

Initially it was only a beta version. When you right click and go into the wmr for steam properties, the beta program check box is on one of the tabs. I made that mistake having had the beta enabled from the beginning and have had a decent fps increase since i opted out of the beta program.

• Deleted member 197115

I am pretty sure the difference you are seeing is due to inflated 100% SS in beta. Just check the actual reported resolution next to SS number. 100% now is more like 147%. Just adjust it to match to what you had before.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.5%