8.- GRAND PRIX DE DONINGTON PARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disaster this race was/is.

First I had a total crap qually, should have been 30.2 but messed it.

Next I get a minidump ....checked files seemed ok. Got back in and got p11 back.

Then the Race....Mikko and Vincent experienced the same as me...massive lag. Cars stuttering all over.
Basicly ridiculous conditions to do any close racing or trying proper overtaking.
Some guys spun 1st corner...lag or racing error ? Next Mikko gets a bump and goes off...lag or error ?
And then I had a minidump game over.

Anyhow had a good run and saw that with normal pace I was good for high finish for sure but shame about my qually and offcourse....the error :bad:

:mad:

Server doesn't need any steamupdates apart if the game itself is concerned, and thats 99% of the updates. The flatout server always runs in steam offline mode.
For a real gameupdate you need to restart it anyway.

Ah ok. :) Xosé is more the man to talk with about technicall issues.

@ Bram: Yeah, bad luck for Marcin... :(

pff i have no words, shifter has broken during race, cant confirm pit changes, sorry Vincent but it wasnt my fault with that hit, i lifted before turn because of lag, but in corner lag becomes MEGA LAG andmy game just frozen for half a second and i jumped into You, then grass and wall

BIG SORRY for chating during my pit, it wasnt on purpose, just trying do anything to confirm that pit............

pff i have no words, shifter has broken during race, cant confirm pit changes, sorry Vincent but it wasnt my fault with that hit, i lifted before turn because of lag, but in corner lag becomes MEGA LAG andmy game just frozen for half a second and i jumped into You, then grass and wall

It was not your fault, there was a car frozen on the corner it looked like, and because it was laggy and a very fast corner with a blind entry Vince could not avoid it, and also you could not avoid Vince, which gave him some bad damage, he's struggling to keep the car on the road with this damage,, but just a unlucky moment in the race with the car frozen on the corner. Dunno who it was though but was a technical issue.

We all feel your pain here to, we have it every race this season so we know how you feel dropping out, it's not a nice feeling.

Great nights viewing tonight guys! Pity there was no commentary tonight, was gonna give it a go but my mic screwed up on me (as for the song...well Im not so sure :D)
Extreme hard luck for Marcin from the lead of the race, I think the STC gods hate his guts unfortunately :p Rami vs Vince was battle of the season I think, great stuff.
And grats for Flatout and Mike for the win (lovin da accent :D) this season has been awesome, we have had ups and downs and the roller coaster isnt over yet. Cant wait for next round :)

Thanks to Xose and David for the broadcast :)

Gratz to the podium
I have had a minidump exiting my box for the first time, Rocco has 5 minidumps.
During the race, especially during the early laps I had many lags which made it impossible to be near others cars.
After some good laps fighting with Lucas, when I was able to gain few seconds from him, my race was boring
until three laps from the end when a lag in the last turn I went on the wall cousing damage to the car, but I was more then a minute ahead to p18 car. I had finished my race slowly but till the end. p17

Really difficult race at the start with the lag,

I got the most luck it seems and made it to the end first, not so happy though. Really sorry Mikko, to be honest I'm not sure what happened, there was some lag but not loads at that point, I don't have the replay to view as I turned it off (I know how that looks). Lets do the incident report and see what happened, wont go into it now, I'm happy to take any penalty if thats what people decide, no consolation I know because you were on for a good result.

Unlucky Marcin you were looking good for the victory at the pit stops.

See you next time.

a weird night for me.

called on to fill in for weather-stricken teammate Roman, I did sth. like 15 laps yesterday as my sole preparation. Tonight with the server problem I was happy to have a smooth quali, 20th was all I could ask for.

Race started off well, lag was not so bad in my part of the grid, it was mainly one AnE skin jumping here and there. Took it easy and was up in 17th when I put my wheel on the grass coming out of Adelaide hairpin. Flashlight - boom - graphics issue! we all know it, Race On starts drawing wrong bitmaps for skins, track etc. in my case, everything looked snowy white with blue boxes for smoke from braking too hard. After I had gotten used to this surrealist view (and the breakpoint markesr which all of disappeared white on white), I was dead last and that's where I stayed for the rest of the race. I did not dare to put my wheels on the grass again which made me extra cautious - to say the least. Being handed a couple of places I finished 18th. One scary bit when I had a little off moment and my car skidded on rejoining the track just as that awesome fight for pos.4 or 5 went past, sry if that was a problem.

cu all at Spa in two weeks

capture_2010-05-20_22-38-14.jpg

driving through snow with Pesula spewing blue blocks in the second to last turn of the race

im well happy...
icon_smile.gif
sry Mikael... :/

bad quali, 1sec slower than my pb... :s p8

was (again a very hard race), easy to make a mistake and have some hard pressure from the back but was funny...
icon_smile.gif

make some good fight with the Ford GT crew...
icon_smile.gif
was very fun, wd guys!!! finished p6
icon_smile.gif

i drive already 4races this season then cu next saeson and thx to all for racing, organistaion, broadcast, etc!!!!!

yes eckhart you will still be in the race....but try alt-tab on practise first because on some systems steam friend activity box needs to be unchecked or your game will crash....

I'm still upset....qualy was not great but ok....went up to 9th after a few cars messed up at the begining and running down the dunlop straight checking my mirrors before the chicane on lap 3 i was all clear with 1 second back to the guys behind.....middle of chicane i get T-boned loosing 7 places,atleast car didnt get wrecked....took me the whole race to work my way back up to 10th over the finishline with 9th just 1 second ahead.....potential 6-7 for TBR had to stay at 6-10th tonight

• Fredrik Tackman

Thx for a good race guys,especially to Gregory wich Ive had a good run through the whole race :)
Sorry to Johannes into turn 1,when I see the replay I see that u brake hard and locks up your right front,I was not ready for that hard breaking and tryed to avoid u,sadly I caught your left backwing...:(

Grats to Tobbe to a good race
Grats To Mike for the win and also to Vince and Rami.

Difficult race, two hours before, I don't know if I can do it caused by change internet connexion.

Practice : Just time to make two laps, and minidump, minidump, minidump....

Quali : inexistant due to non allocation (team spokeman haven't internet too).

Race : Start in the back of the grid and choose an aggressive strategy with two pitstops totally ruined by lag in the first 30min which make me really difficult to pass others. I am just depited in the last 30min where I am behind Mike but can't pass due to blue flag. So I can't take my real rythme and can't go to search Johann.
Finish in 12th position with the title of more overtake !

Gratz to Mike, the podium and all others racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back