3ds Model Imports weird

I tried creating my own models and importing them through my own XPack but they are appearing in BTB quite strangely. I'm not real familiar with the process so I was hoping someone else might know what could be the issue. I created two models and both are behaving similarly. The top image below is a render from 3dsMax and the below is the end product when imported into BTB. In rFactor it appears as it does in BTB.

Any help is appreciated.

What do you use, DAE or 3DS file, to import it to XPacker.

In 3DS MAX make sure all the "pieces" of the building have the same "center point" for scale and rotation "0.00, 0.00, 0.00", when in "Object Mode".

Try again using a simpler model, like a textured cube, to see if you can get it to import via XPacker.

I used 3DS (DAE causes XPacker error). I think you're on to something but I still can't quite get it right. I'm feeling my way around 3ds Max so I may not be doing it correctly. I did create a simple track tire with a texture which worked fine.

I did manage to get it to appear a little differently however. I selected all objects and went to "Hiearchy" tab and "Center to Object" all Pivot Points. I also selected "Don't Affect Children" in the Adjust Transform section and reset those as well as it seems like many of the weird looking objects were Copies (Copy) of another object. Scale and Transform seem to be okay, but the object rotation is off and the 3d location isn't right. A lot of object also seems to be stuck on the same vertical level. Pardon my poor 3D language.
upload_2016-2-20_11-44-0.png

If you look at the nearest corner post you'll see a weird white texture within that object. That is supposed to be a supporting pole that extends to the ground. The object seems to be there but its getting cut off at that level. Seems like objects have trouble going below that point.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back