3D MAX to rFactor

hello friends, where I can find a tutorial for exporting a model made in 3d max to be used in rfactor?

If possible, a tutorial let me know all the steps of building and texturing the physics of the car.

Now, thank you all.

Sorry my English.

Roberto
Brazil

Yeah your right. I'm surprised you didn't get any help by now.

I'm not a modeller but I may be able to point you in the right direction.
Firstly do you have the ISI Tools? Version two. If not go to http://www.rfactor.net/developers/ were you'll find downloads for different tools.

Secondly you can get SimED. SimED is a all in one modelling and GMT exporter program that will create GMT's for all gmotor2 formats. You can find it http://www.sim-garage.co.uk/tools_version_history.htm here. Unfortunately it's not free but you can import 3DMax files into it. You'll find by using 3DMax first you need to watch some things that SimED may change when imported. I can't give you details of what they are but I have read some things do change. You can find support for SimED http://www.thepits.us/board/viewforum.php?f=25 here.

There's much more to adding a car to rF then just loading the model in-game. There's LOD's Textures, Damage files, Sounds and so on. You should be able to get help with this at thepits forum linked above.

There is a GMT converter in the ISI Tools for 3DMax but as rF is 5 years old these dll extensions are for 3DMax 5 & 6. I think they will work up to 3DMax 8 but not in 9 and up. Don't quote me on that! haha..

Best of luck. I do hope some one who really does know will come to help you better then I can.

Doug62, firstly I would like to thank your attention. I did not really understood why friends did not give me any information about it. Maybe, it is a very closed world .. hahahaha
I'll search all your information so I can learn more. But, like other friends that could offer more tips.
I love model cars and would use them in this game.
I know it's difficult, but I am persistent and I will succeed.
Again, thank you ...

Millow. What type of cars do you like doing? F1, GT Tourers, DTM style? As for the physics that's a hole different ball game. Textures we can help you with. PM me some screenshots of your cars in 3DMax please.

I'm creating a fictional car so I have no problem with copyright.

Hm, does creation of a non-fictional car involve any copyright issues? I suppose it's only the case when one reuses someone else's models.

Anyway, here is exactly the reason why there is no complete tutorial anywhere: somebody asks for help, somebody gives help privately, nothing is preserved for posterity. :)

Most series have already issued licences for ganes, e.g WTCC, F1, so yes, it does

That's true, but what I was asking is this. Supposing I created my own model of, say, some F1 car. Would this be illegal just because they had sold the license to Codies? I would think the licenses stuff has to do with permissions to sell some content.

Nebehr, I can guarantee you that when I find out the hard way, do not like most that hides the gold.
I'll be ready to help those in need. And if you want to participate in this, I'll be very grateful.
I repeat ... do not want problems so obviously, I want a fictional car, which looks nice and a good physics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back