397 need to employ the ASR people.

It may be on par in terms of graphics, but certainly not physics. The 1996 Ferrari was described by Eddie Irvine as the worst car he ever drove, however, the ASR version feels like a tank that you can't even make to spin. With default setup all you can feel is understeer, which is probably why it feels "better" than the S397 mods. With all the understeer dialed out from the setup, I was able to do a 1:10 on my third attempt at Interlagos with quali tire. In 1996 qualifying Schumacher did a 1:19.4. This car has something like 25% too much mechanical grip.

For me ASR in general are on the arcade side, except Williams FW16 which actually reminds me of isi cars enough in order to consider it a very good mod. My most driven tho is ferrari f641-2 customised , because of the sound both internal/external, just love that car and i even keep listening to the track cams to enjoy the engine sound, which i have also tweaked and improved as much as i can. GJ to ASR and the guy who made the sound.

Too much tire grip comes from the tires in these cars (again not the fw16), my aim is to get close to interlagos '90 in the f641 but its not done yet.
Btw if you try the qualify tires you go full grip very arcade like, and u lap ~ 5 secs faster which is hilarious, shame is it somewhat reminds me of the new mp4/8 on the grip levels, i hope s397 dont turn arcade on us with every new car!

@enduser282 I think it's partly the track, Reiza Interlagos may not be 100% accurate since it's a version made years ago. I think it's possible for the track to be 2-3 seconds wrong, but the rest has to come from the car. Obviously the ASR 1996 car is still at least something like 5 seconds too quick.

Thanks for the tip, thats actually the problem with all this as u cant be sure about lap times, the slow section in interlagos (rf2) seems a bit wide maybe or the curbs may have changed in the real track so i haven't been very confident its a close reference.

Another issue u can fix is the kick in the back oversteer, its like someone hits you from behind, this can be fixed with reducing the sideways inertia and it also fall in line with other rf2 cars. It obviously isnt needed when the tire model and physics take care of things. When u exceed the slip angle the car will slide (snap oversteer) and now indeed feels much more like other official ow cars. You also must reduce tire grip or the slide isnt as big, but its there, just need some fine tuning with the tires. Sideways inertia is even more exaggerated in other f1 mods.

I 'll ask ASR and if they let me i ll upload this custom F641 of mine at some point i guess.

Btw 90 and 91 asr cars use the same physics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back