rF2 397 GT3 @ Nordschleife - Friday 04 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
cup.png

@Daiman Patel I think there's also some "last sector" rolling start available in rF2 or am I remembering something incorrectly?
That would be perfect I think :)
The functionality is available, but unfortunately it does not work correctly. When using the "fast rolling start" option, the cars will warp from the start line to the last sector / final few corners, and all of a sudden be moving at a fair speed, which could lead to crashes and accidents. I recently tested this type of start with @Craig Dunkley and @Stephen Gibb, and we all agreed that it is too dangerous for use in club or league events. It is a shame, but sadly the way in which it works has not changed... it has always been "broken".

Manual rolling start is often used in league events, i.e start goes live at exit of the last chicane or another well defined point on the track. Not sure how easy that is to apply on an single club event.
Problem is that you have the 9 minutes formation lap on this track. The normal rolling start works fine but is not an option on this lengthy track.
I wouldn't know where to do the manual rolling start on this track either sadly.
The gp track part has no real straight that would be suited apart from the start/finish straight and once you go on the Nordschleife it's too dangerous.

Also it's almost impossible to get such info and strict behavior to all drivers for a club race... I bet quite some drivers would rush to the front when the lights go out, lol

Problem is that you have the 9 minutes formation lap on this track. The normal rolling start works fine but is not an option on this lengthy track.
I wouldn't know where to do the manual rolling start on this track either sadly.
The gp track part has no real straight that would be suited apart from the start/finish straight and once you go on the Nordschleife it's too dangerous.

Also it's almost impossible to get such info and strict behavior to all drivers for a club race... I bet quite some drivers would rush to the front when the lights go out, lol
the exit stop is in front of the boxes where time starts, it is very easy:);)

the exit stop is in front of the boxes where time starts, it is very easy:);)
You didn't understand my post ;)
To do a rolling start without the 9 minutes formation lap you would need to do a standing start with everyone keeping his position and set a certain point on the track to start the race.
If you want to do the rolling start where the timing starts you need to do a full lap before.

No formation would be need as you would start on the out lap, the final chicane on the standard track, first chicane or the right hander after the first long straight on the Nords is "popular" places.

But agree it might be a bit difficult in a single club event, I'll just happy for a race at the Nords :)

You didn't understand my post ;)
To do a rolling start without the 9 minutes formation lap you would need to do a standing start with everyone keeping his position and set a certain point on the track to start the race.
If you want to do the rolling start where the timing starts you need to do a full lap before.
Forgive me it must be the language, excuse me.
That's why I said I didn't want rolling, I want to standing:);)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%