37¾ Mile Isle Of Man Mountain Course - Conversion from GPL

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Scotland
Guess it wasn't newsworthy after all. Not as newsworthy as ACC/iRacing/AMS2 hotfixes or community polls about light vs dark, anyway.
Since it missed the news I've just posted this in the podcast submission thread.

Since it wasn't regarded as newsworthy how about looking at the amazing
37¾ Mile Isle Of Man Mountain Course - Conversion from GPL for rFactor 2.
Jim Pearson, (a legendary GPL modder) spent 14 years creating this famous circuit. He's not known for allowing his work to be converted so it was a surprise when this turned up for rF2.
If non of the broadcasters can drive it then have a look at the videos on YT.
@Paul Glover @Daniel Monteiro @Davide Nativo @Paul Jeffrey
Honestly guys this is an amazing track.

Durge Driven

Premium
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Had some slow-up like that with 3900X, quickly found limiting cars and settings never helped
using static green road and lowering race fields only partially helped

Since tested a 5600X ...wow difference in rF2 is huge and smooth

And some people think Nordschleife is tough:whistling:

Try running no downforce car on green track is a education :devilish: :x3:

P.S.

Does anyone else feel on some of the heavier braking areas grip level is lower then rest of course , feels unreal almost like concrete dust :alien:

Last edited:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Scotland
Since tested a 5600X ...wow difference in rF2 is huge and smooth
My old potato ran it happily at 60fps, just the odd micro stutter but I'm not complaining.

Does anyone else feel on some of the heavier braking areas grip level is lower then rest of course
I'm not familiar enough with rF2 tracks or cars to judge, I only reinstalled it for this track. I can't say I noticed anything untoward, it all felt pretty good and was a pleasure to drive.

(BTW, just to point out, I didn't do 11 laps in one session. I'm not sure how exactly SimHub counts the completed laps in rF2. It doesn't seem to be the number for a specific session, but also doesn't seem to be the total number across all sessions. I think I've done around 15-20 laps with the combo overall over several days. But it's kinda easy to keep going with such a great combo. I basically came out of simracing retirement for a few days because of the track being released.)

Last edited:

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Scotland
I basically came out of simracing retirement for a few days because of the track being released.)
Don't blame you, I only reinstalled rF2 for the same reason. Although I must confess I'd forgotten just how good it feels.
So many games, this may indeed be the golden age of racing. :D

Durge Driven

Premium
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Race 6:00am start , green static track , stormy weather, full tanks ( 80 litres ) forced setup
Practice same setup but accelerate till last cars leaving pits and join them to chase down others like a TT :ninja:

That's just plain sad

plain sad.jpg

Last edited: