3 or 4 questions

gtx 1080ti on triple monitor 5760x1080. 86 fps capped can run a lot more but no need to.
gtx1080ti-settings.JPG

Thank you, I should have said I only have a single screen 34 " wide-screen . I have everything maxed but wondering if I need to as some things can make it look worse on the highest settings if that makes sense I turned down shadows because it made the rain look like glass.

Or roll it back and check with a meter. Or ask somebody who has done this. Personally, I just turn down the multiplier for each car till it feels sensible. Works for me. :)

Of course, rolling back to DX9 means then going back to DX11 for the race since the DX9 build is older and the game won't allow you to race on a server running a newer build.

The only way to check FFB for clipping currently is setting up the DAM plugin, record the data while racing, then analyze it using MoTeC software, make an adjustment, rinse and repeat until you're satisfied.

Absolutely terrible IMO. At least the latest DLC cars seem to have the FFB set consistently and more or less correctly so you don't clip.

Of course, rolling back to DX9 means then going back to DX11 for the race since the DX9 build is older and the game won't allow you to race on a server running a newer build.

The only way to check FFB for clipping currently is setting up the DAM plugin, record the data while racing, then analyze it using MoTeC software, make an adjustment, rinse and repeat until you're satisfied.

Absolutely terrible IMO. At least the latest DLC cars seem to have the FFB set consistently and more or less correctly so you don't clip.
OK here's my take on that - S397 inherited a game with plenty of faults. The change to DX11 has improved the graphics (obvs), but for the moment we cant use plugins which involve rendering images on screen (or something like that).
Everybody (including me) would like to see everything fixed yesterday, for free, and that's only natural I guess. But I personally don't think it's realistic. I guess there are just too many thing things to do and FFB clip has not made it to the top of the list yet. More content, update old content, new UI, etc, etc, etc.
Just my opinion of course. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's a perfectly reasonable request Martin. So is the new UI, more tracks, more historic content, better optimisation, updating old content and many others. It's also reasonable for S397 to have a need to produce DLC in order to pay staff and fund updates. I don't have the answer. I feel like S397 are walking a tightrope with this. For me personally, this is my sim of choice, so I really, really, really want it to succeed.
It's funny that we've hit upon FFB, because for me, it's the best of all the sims I've tried - by some distance. All I do is turn down the car specific multiplier until it feels good to me, and I'm overjoyed with the FFB. It trumps all comers (again, for me) hands down. So I personally can wait for a FFB meter. I'd rather see the UI ATM, just to quiet down some of rF2's detractors tbh.
Anyway, that's all I have to say. I'm sure you wanna reply to my points, but then I think maybe we should agree to differ, shake (virtual ) hands and move on. :) :thumbsup:

I think that must be the most polite "I don't really care what you have to say, just don't say anything else" I've ever gotten from someone.

But fair enough, I will do as suggested. There's not much to respond to anyway, since you're basically saying you're mostly happy with how things are right now. And I'm certainly happy for you that rF2 meets your needs as completely as it seems to, I truly am.

I think that must be the most polite "I don't really care what you have to say, just don't say anything else" I've ever gotten from someone.

But fair enough, I will do as suggested. There's not much to respond to anyway, since you're basically saying you're mostly happy with how things are right now. And I'm certainly happy for you that rF2 meets your needs as completely as it seems to, I truly am.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just didn't want to go off topic for too long. You make very good points. We have our own opinions... that's great as far as I'm concerned. I enjoy listening to your opinion. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back