3 Buttkickers - Setup recommendation?

Hi,

i am driving with a 8020 rig and a single Buttkicker Gamer 2 mounted to the alu rig directly under the right seat rail. Works fine so far with Simhub in mono-mode, but i got an offer for two additional mint Buttkicker Gamer 2 sets for less than 150€ and pulled the trigger.

What would be your recommendations for 3 smaller buttkickers like that?

I thought about the following options:

- 2 kickers left/right under the seat for stereo plus a single kicker under the pedals. I am not 100% sure, whether this will really give me a stereo sensation, as i currently cannot actually feel, that the current single kicker is mounted on the right rail. It basically shakes my seat just fine, bit i cannot localize the source. Should enable me to split effects/increase the force though.

- 2 kickers left/right on the pedals, the single kicker stays underneath the seat.

- other suggestions?

- how would you map the individual effects?

Thanks

Chris

P.S. Obviously i will do some testing, but will only get the new gear in a couple of days, so i wanted to hear everybody's optinion :)

Last edited:
Thanks Alvaro.

I have a Recaro street car seat with limited flexibility to attach shakers.

What i have done now is to attach 2 shakers below the seat directly to the left and right seat rails which gives strong and defined feedback. I am not able to distinguish left from right, so although i have assigned left/right effects to individual shakers this is more to minimize the load on each shaker. Works fine.

I have attached the third shaker with front effects assigned to it to the pedal assembly and i am quite happy with that setup.

One issue that i have to deal with is isolation on my rig. With two shakers in the back and to a larger the degree the front shaker, my whole rig is trembling. Especially the front shaker is shaking the whole wheelbase/display section, low freq rumble is really annyoing in that way.

I have ordered some of those Rubber isolators along with a aluminum plate to decouple the pedals and seat from the rig which should also intensify and add clarity to the shake. In particular the pedal shaker energy transfers to the rim in a way, that it seems to even water down my DD1 FFB!

In case anyone is interested, these are the effects i am running right now separated to front/back and left/right, where reasonable.

1616163320283.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back