Resource icon

Sounds 2jz sound mod 2.3, 2.4, 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
mboyd5 submitted a new resource:

2jz sound mod - 3 versions of my 2jz mod with 4 different RPM options

This mod is basically my 2jz sound I had on a 2 step sound mod without the 2 step. I made it with 3 different wastegates, 3 different turbo spooling noises and 1 has a different wind sound.

There are 4 different rev ranges to choose from (7000, 7500, 8000 and 8500 Rpm) in each download so it can be used with a variety of cars without weird limiter noises.

Sorry about the way this is posted as I can only upload 1 file. All files are available through...

Read more about this resource...

Can I make a request for a variation on this soundbank? I'm working on a project with a 5.9L turbodiesel 6 and there aren't really any banks around that have adequate volume at such low rpm (turbo spools up at 1500 rpm and redline is 3100) I'm fine if it's not exactly right, I just need something with the levels normalized so it isn't quieter than running over curbs and the turbo can make noise at such low rpm. (link to similarly built engine)

Can I make a request for a variation on this soundbank? I'm working on a project with a 5.9L turbodiesel 6 and there aren't really any banks around that have adequate volume at such low rpm (turbo spools up at 1500 rpm and redline is 3100) I'm fine if it's not exactly right, I just need something with the levels normalized so it isn't quieter than running over curbs and the turbo can make noise at such low rpm. (link to similarly built engine)

I can do that for you to get you out of trouble. I plan on making a couple of diesel 6's in the future. By the way, I absolutely love your kart you made a while back! I even made a hayabusa engine sound for it

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Ive been trying to get this mod to work with the KS_Toyota supra Mkiv tuned that comes with the japanese car dlc pack. I've pretty much all you've said to do but theres little to no blow off sound. I've attached the files here and maybe you can have a look and see what im doing wrong?

Edit: The only time it seems to work in some way is if i hit 0 key for 100% boost but then i get a ton of engine damage.

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all you need to change your limiter hz to 140, damage threshold to something higher than what your rev limit is set to say 9000, either change the values in the ctrl_turbo file (as they are set to boost by RPM) or delete it all together. Back up any files before you go fiddling about with them if you are unsure. I just tested it with those settings and it worked how it was supposed to on my supra mkiv. If you don't want adjustable boost just type in 0 instead of 1 next to cockpit_adjustable.

Last edited:
I set limiter hz to 140, made sure MAX_BOOST","WASTEGATE" and "DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST" are all the same, set the revs to match 7500. Deleted ctrl_turbo0 and adjusted the power.lut file

This is for the kunos tuned supra from arch's physics replacement

The BOV/turbo sounds "work" but they are abruptly cut off. I can't get this to work properly

Attachments

• engine.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 106
can I get banned from multiplayer servers if I change files?
Not so much a ban but it probably will throw up a check sum error if you mess around with any of the files. The only files you can change that won't effect multiplayer are the sound effects. In saying that, if everyone downloads the same car, there won't be any issues. FYI this goes for any mod not just mine

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back