- Feb 4, 2012
Unfortunately this round of the WEC is going to happen in sad circumstances during the first VLN race of the season on the 28th of March the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 piloted by fellow simracer and race car driver Jann Mardenborough got air at crest on the Flugplatz section of the Nordschleife and got airborne. The car broke through the catch fan and injured several spectators one of them died later in the medical centre. These events show us, that in todays day and age with all the safety precautions motorsport is still dangerous. In this case the driver could walk away, but the spectators didn't stand a chance.
In the following of the event all fast special classes including the GT3 cars where temporarily baned from competing on the Nordschleife.
We have the fortunate situation to race without putting ours and the lives of others at risk, but I urge every driver this round to keep it clean and put a dab on the brakes before the crest at Flugplatz to show our respect for all racers and fans and their friends and families. Enjoy the race keep it clean, enjoy it. This one isn't aout winning. It is about having a good time and have no crashes even though we will survive them.
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WEC
Track: Nürburgring VLN
Cars: GTR GT1, Corvette GT2, Camaro GT3 (with BOP) (Camaro, Corvette, GT-R, Templates), Apex Modding GT3 (Download), Honda Civic NGTC (Download, Templates), BMW E90 WTCC (Download), Renault Clio Cup (Download, Templates)
Mod: Download via Server (or here)
Everything should be downloadable via server, upon login.
The Nissan GT-R will receive an update before the race as it is still to fast at the moment.
Note: The ISI cars have a big fuel tank now
- GT Class:
- Nissan GTR GT1 (ISI with BOP)
- Chevrolet Corvette GT2 (ISI with BOP)
- Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (ISI with BOP)
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Apex Modding)
- BMW Z4 GT3 (Apex Modding)
- Porsche 911 GT3 (Apex Modding)
- Ferrari 458 GT3 (Apex Modding)
- Super Touring Class:
- BTCC Honda Civic NGTC (ISI)
- BMW E90 WTCC (Slow Motion)
- Cup Class:
- Renault Clio Cup (ISI)
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Flag rules: Black only
Traction control: Low (on the ISI GTs you have to choose the TC upgrade +50 kg to use it)
Race - Saturday, 11th April 2015
Practice: 16:30 GMT
Qualifying: 17:00 GMT - open session (single driver - quickest lap used) [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 18:00 GMT - 10 minutes (to allow a quick rest for late qualifiers)
Race: 18:10 GMT - starting procedure + 120 minutes [standing start]
RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here
Note: Your free RD license wasvalid until 1st March. Upgrade your account to Premium here.
Read the pit entry rules in the following posts very carefully - failure to comply will result in a penalty!
- Driver swapping is allowed
- Each car can have 1-2 drivers (Driver Swap Tutorial)
- All cars must have their headlights on at all times (additional flashing is encouraged when overtaking / lapping)
- Blue flag: signals a faster car is behind you. Caution is required, but moving over is not.
- The faster car is expected to look for a sensible passing opportunity. They are responsible for initiating a safe pass, but the slower car is equally as responsible for allowing an overtake to occur safely. Stay on the racing line, leaving plenty of room for the overtaking car, and do not make sudden / unexpected movements.
- When lapping: straights are preferred over corners; corner exits are preferred over corner entries.
- Slower cars are expected to keep to their racing line and cooperate with safe passes. Moving out of the way is not advised, as it leads to unpredictable situations.
- Faster cars may flash their headlights to indicate that they are about to make a pass.
- Patience is key!
- Remember to test pit-stops and driver swaps (Driver Swap Tutorial)
- Ensure that all drivers in the team have driven some laps in traffic, and different track conditions
- Whilst not racing or preparing for a driver swap, drivers are not permitted to be on the server; timing software will be provided so that team members are able to monitor the race
- Presence on TS is not mandatory, but is recommended in case communication with drivers or teams is required
- Standing start
- At the beginning of the race, once you select "Race" your car will immediately spawn directly on the grid in your qualifying position
- Your tyres and brakes will be cold - BE CAREFUL
- Do not take risks, or attempt to make over-ambitious overtakes - it's a 2 hour race, don't ruin it for yourself or others
- Ensure that you practise standing starts before the race - please only do this in the pit lane, away from other cars (be aware what's around you)
- Mod edit: Please ensure you treat other drivers with respect at the start. When was the last time a "brave" move under brakes on lap 1 sector 1 made your race (especially in a 120 minute event)? The drivers in front outqualified you and probably put quite some effort into practice. Respect please. Adhesion over ambition. Turn 1 is tricky.
- Name all drivers for your car
- You can always add or remove drivers to your car later on
- Your final line-up should be clear 24 hours ahead of the event
Sign up list:
- Frederic Schornstein - Camaro
- Stefan Woudenberg
- Edgar Steffens
- Andreas Löffler
- David O'Reilly
- Cosimo Streppone
- Gijs van Elderen
- Calum McLure
- Bjorn de Haas
- Paul Hurlow
- Dominik Sawicki* (Premium needed)
- Alessandro Dalledonne
- Andreas Oehrlich*
- Marc Brockmeyer*
- Rolf Just