24-27" IPS, 2560x1440, 120hz monitor?

I am on the hunt for a new monitor to replace my aging 24" Dell unit.

I really want to stick with IPS and if possible have a 120hz feature and have it be a resolution of 2560x1440 however it would seem these features can't co-exist, or at least i've not seen anything available.

My current unit is IPS but is only 60hz.

Any thoughts?

• Deleted member 387850

You're probably going to be looking at the ASUS ROG PG279Q, Acer Predator XB271HU or AOC AG271QG. All of which are 27" and have G-Sync if that's important to you. The 24" market seems to be dominated by TN for high refresh rate monitors.

27" 1440p is really nice, and if you're used to IPS and like it then it's worth sticking with it! I tried to go from a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM which is IPS to a Dell S2716DG and I just couldn't live with the TN panel even though it's regarded as one of the better ones once calibrated correctly.

If you don't want to pay for G-Sync but still want a high-refresh rate you're probably going to be looking at something like a VA panel with FreeSync.

I have some XF270HUA, they're pretty nice & for someone who notices flicker at 75hz, a godsend. Good luck getting any that match colour-wise though, one of mine is distinctly more yellow & I can't find the right combo to get them all matched. Don't really notice it unless you're looking.

And yes, hit right in the wallet even with long staging between them :S

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back