rF2 2024mula 1 Japanese Grand Prix - Monday 8th April 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
2024mula 1.jpg

*overtake.gg branded picture TBC

Race 4 of the 2024mula 1 championship will take us to Suzuka, rebranded as Matsusaka for licensing reasons. The classic track full of high-speed flowing corners is one of the most lauded tracks by real-world racers, and simracers will follow this just as much! The championship is hotting up, and a Dutchman is leading the way as usual, can any of us catch him up at the JAPANESE GRAND PRIX!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 2024mula 1
Car(s):

• Formula Hybrid-22 - [STEAM]
    • Choose 2023 cars only
Track: Matsusaka 2015 - [Steam]
Layout: Matsusaka Grand Prix

Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Low
DRS: One DRS Zone
1712084224967.png

Event Times
Schedule: (EU) Monday 18th March 2024
Practice: 19:00 UK Local Time (75 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UK Local Time (15 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:30 UK Local Time (5 minutes)
Race: 20:35 UK Local Time (35 Laps) Two tyre compounds must be used

Time Zone converter

• All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.

CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Sign-ups
(Racers in bold have signed up for this race)
Red Bull
#1: @Lesley Buurlage
#11: @ThreeLionz

Mercedes
#44: @Jimlaad43
#63:

Ferrari
#16: @David Steinacher
#55: @RockRacing77

McLaren
#4: @Steve Le Gallez
#81: @pattikins

Aston Martin
#14: @Kamran Khan
#18: @Craig Dunkley

Alpine
#10: @Michel vL
#31:

Williams
#2: @jubes1971
#23: @Kresh

AlphaTauri/RB
#3:
#22:

Alfa Romeo/Stake
#24:
#77: @Bob Luneski

Haas
#20: @Ingemar Petersson
#27:

SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
As there is no Thursday events, can you put me in the McLaren #81 seat. Formula cars aren't my thing, so forgive my ignorance, does the Formula Hybrid car have any performance gimmicks that I need to know about beyond DRS - ers, push2pass, go faster stripes... ta.

p.s. I've only had a few hours sleep so there might be a chance that I won't make the race, but hopefully my future work shifts will fall better than today.

As there is no Thursday events, can you put me in the McLaren #81 seat. Formula cars aren't my thing, so forgive my ignorance, does the Formula Hybrid car have any performance gimmicks that I need to know about beyond DRS - ers, push2pass, go faster stripes... ta.

p.s. I've only had a few hours sleep so there might be a chance that I won't make the race, but hopefully my future work shifts will fall better than today.
Just DRS, all the electrical stuff is all dealt with with your right foot.
I will share you a setup when you join the server, welcome along!

Cool race guys!
Much to my own surprise I was able to follow and catch @Jimlaad43 during the first half of the race. Tried to undercut him by pitting a bit early to take advantage of the 1 push lap the tires provided. That worked (after him gracioualy lifting my speeding penalty). Unfortunately he proofed to be the better racer and passed me on the penultimate lap. Leaving me to finish in third spot.

All in all great fun. Congrats to @Lesley Buurlage for an impressive performance.

Cool race guys!
Much to my own surprise I was able to follow and catch @Jimlaad43 during the first half of the race. Tried to undercut him by pitting a bit early to take advantage of the 1 push lap the tires provided. That worked (after him gracioualy lifting my speeding penalty). Unfortunately he proofed to be the better racer and passed me on the penultimate lap. Leaving me to finish in third spot.

All in all great fun. Congrats to @Lesley Buurlage for an impressive performance.
I'm going to claim with absolutely no evidence that 2s of the 5s undercut you managed to get on me was from typing that penalty clearance command :roflmao:

Yeah, my middle stint was terrible. I decided to add pressure to my tyres for the middle stint to try and stop the wear. All it did was made them still wear at the same rate but have much less grip, so that was a poor choice. Hence why my final stint was a lot quicker and I just had to sit behind for a good few laps before making the pass. I was quick everywhere except Spoon curve, which meant I couldn't challenge you down the straights, and had to just keep the pressure on and wait for a mistake, which you made at the chicane. Without that I don't think I would have made a pass.

I really struggled in the slow corners. Could not get a consistent response from the car in hairpin and casio triangle. Hence the mistake there. A talent issue I presume.
Appreciate you loosing a couple of seconds on lifting my penalty though .

Looking forward to Monaco.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea