2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod

Misc 2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod Version 1.2 reworked

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is for manual installation.
But I also plan to create a copy and paste version, maybe a modular mod version as well.

I borrowed the instructions from StrongestFish Damage Mod. Thanks to StrongestFish for the guide, not me.

1.Install skin mod first.
2.Download Ego ERP Archiver 7.1 or newer here:

Ego ERP Archiver by Petar

This program lets you export and import resources from ERP archives for EGO engine games.
ryder25.itch.io
If you do not want to pay, then click little line "No thanks, just take me to the downloads"
3.Open folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams and find erp file of each team.
For example Ferrari: Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\wep\ferrari.erp
Open erp file in Ego ERP Archiver, in tab Xml files - click .vtf file (for example ferrari.vtf), click xml files -> import, and choose xml file from mod. Mercedes.vtf located into Common.erp, not in Mercedes.erp.
demo1a.png

5.Save and repeat for each team.
demo2a.png
ty so much :inlove:

Thank you for the very kind words. Use any of the values, no problem at all as i didn't test them yet! I usually play with a very balance lift 0.85 and drag 0.85, to add 5% dirty air and 5% slipstream, although maybe I could make it a 0.80 slipstream as usually the driver say that the tow is very powerful in 2021. Sometimes when I want to have fun I change the lift to 1.2 or 1.3 to have more overtakes and battles.

About a 2022 performance mod I can't promise anything but I am starting to look into the values to try to create a performance mod like I did last year to itch that scratch until F1 2022 comes out. So far I am focusing on getting the values of the various teams for power, aero, drag and chassis so I can swap them around before making something hopefully more accurate.
Unless somebody gets there earlier than me, in that case I'm going to enjoy their mod and release a version of mine only in case I am not satisfied.

Back to the topic of your mod,
i think that the vaues of your "more overtakes" version can be fun and entertaining: in F1 2021 we have a 15% loss of downforce compared to the 40 - 45% that the drivers claim to lose in real life, so if the real life 2022 cars lose only a 15% downforce then it would make sense to set the value to 1.0 meaning no loss of downforce.
The only thing I'm not sure about when setting the value to 1.2 or 1.3 is that you have an advantage when following because downforce is added, as i told you, so this could lead to an unbalanced experience.

Feel free to try the values i suggested and let me know if you need any assistance!
I listened to and watched a few more statements from drivers after the Bahrain test. According to them, the slipstream should be less than last year. Driving behind is better for that.

Maybe you can briefly explain to me what the SlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift and SlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag values affect.
If my goal is not to have the slipstream too strong. But would like to promote driving closer behind.

I listened to and watched a few more statements from drivers after the Bahrain test. According to them, the slipstream should be less than last year. Driving behind is better for that.

Maybe you can briefly explain to me what the SlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift and SlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag values affect.
If my goal is not to have the slipstream too strong. But would like to promote driving closer behind.
Lift means amount of downforce when following and you feel it in turns more than straights. Literally speaking, as the purpose of aero is to create downforce to keep the car attached to the ground, "lift" means that the car lifts a bit from the ground.
Vanilla game has the lift value set at 0.85 or 85%. If we consider the baseline 1 or 100% this means that the game takes 15% downforce away when following other cars. This gets applied when you are 1 second behind or less, so doesn't match real life where dirty air can be felt even at 4-5 seconds distance; unfortunately no parameters in game can let us change that.

So by taking all of this into account, you can figure out which lift value is best. You want more dirty air to match 2021 cars? Lower the value. I tried 0.75 so 25% less downforce and it could be hard for the AI to take some turns, ending up to the gravel especially with worn tyres. Lower than 0.8 or 0.75 and they don't attempt to overtake anymore because they can't handle the cars. So that's why I told you that a 0.45 value meaning 65% less downforce would be the opposite goal compared to the 2022 cars that already have only 15% downforce less when following, which is the value of 2021 game.
So when you set this value higher than 1 you are actually adding downforce when following: this is fun but not the principle of F1 2022

Concerning drag: it always affect cars when following by adding or taking away resistance on the straights. 0.85 means 15% less drag or + 15% top speed. Vanilla game has this at 0.9 which makes you feel it but not overpowered as in 2021 real life. So a 0.9 could be a good value...

According to your goals, my take would be 1.0 or 0.95 lift and 0.9 or 0.95 drag. If you want it more extreme, lift 1.2 and drag 1.0

Shoya_525 updated 2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod with a new update entry:

2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod

I reworked the values for the mod with the help of EnriqueBanderas. Now the mod is more like I planned the mod in the beginning.

In the History Section you can still download the old version (1.1) if you liked it better.

Added new installation options. Modular Mod.

There are two different installation options.
1. Manual installation (EGO ERP)
2. with modular mod

For the installation with Modular Mod you need the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lift means amount of downforce when following and you feel it in turns more than straights. Literally speaking, as the purpose of aero is to create downforce to keep the car attached to the ground, "lift" means that the car lifts a bit from the ground.
Vanilla game has the lift value set at 0.85 or 85%. If we consider the baseline 1 or 100% this means that the game takes 15% downforce away when following other cars. This gets applied when you are 1 second behind or less, so doesn't match real life where dirty air can be felt even at 4-5 seconds distance; unfortunately no parameters in game can let us change that.

So by taking all of this into account, you can figure out which lift value is best. You want more dirty air to match 2021 cars? Lower the value. I tried 0.75 so 25% less downforce and it could be hard for the AI to take some turns, ending up to the gravel especially with worn tyres. Lower than 0.8 or 0.75 and they don't attempt to overtake anymore because they can't handle the cars. So that's why I told you that a 0.45 value meaning 65% less downforce would be the opposite goal compared to the 2022 cars that already have only 15% downforce less when following, which is the value of 2021 game.
So when you set this value higher than 1 you are actually adding downforce when following: this is fun but not the principle of F1 2022

Concerning drag: it always affect cars when following by adding or taking away resistance on the straights. 0.85 means 15% less drag or + 15% top speed. Vanilla game has this at 0.9 which makes you feel it but not overpowered as in 2021 real life. So a 0.9 could be a good value...

According to your goals, my take would be 1.0 or 0.95 lift and 0.9 or 0.95 drag. If you want it more extreme, lift 1.2 and drag 1.0
Thank you for this detailed explanation. I understand it much better now than before.

How much does extra weight matter? In lap time. Mclaren has 755. Would additional weight be a way to get the F1 2021 closer to the times of the F1 2022 cars?

Or would increased drag be the way to go?

I'm thinking about trying an F1 2022 performance mod.

Thank you for this detailed explanation. I understand it much better now than before.

How much does extra weight matter? In lap time. Mclaren has 755. Would additional weight be a way to get the F1 2021 closer to the times of the F1 2022 cars?

Or would increased drag be the way to go?

I'm thinking about trying an F1 2022 performance mod.
I didn't test how extra weight affects lap times. When I made my mod my purpose was all about rebalancing the cars and not recreating real life lap times

Speaking of drag, I think that before patch 1.10 all cars had less drag compared to the handling change that Codemasters pulled off

I'll be glad to help you in creating your mod if you need!

I didn't test how extra weight affects lap times. When I made my mod my purpose was all about rebalancing the cars and not recreating real life lap times

Speaking of drag, I think that before patch 1.10 all cars had less drag compared to the handling change that Codemasters pulled off

I'll be glad to help you in creating your mod if you need!
That's right, before patch 1.10 the drag from all cars was significantly lower. Codi has given everyone more drag.

But some teams, Mclaren for example, get better aero.

I'm still deciding on the weight. How that works. The heaviest car is the MyTeam car, at 759. The lightest are 749. The 2022 cars weigh 798. That would be a lot more weight than what is given to the 2021 cars. I'm afraid they'll be too slow. I think the current assumption is that the 2022 cars are 1,800 seconds slower than the 2021 cars. But with the note that the 2022 cars will soon be able to do very similar times. The top speed of the 2022 cars should also be higher. And in fast corners, the 2022 cars should also be faster.

My first considerations for a 2022 performance mod would be 20% more downforce, with drag I'm still considering between +10% or -10%. With the extra weight, I still have to test whether 798 wouldn't be too much.
Also I would like to change the order of the teams considering performance.

I've already thought of a new order. And then gave the new team the drag and aero values of the old team, which was in this position in 2021.

Next I would change the downforce, drag and weight. For that I would add the percentages I think will have increased in 2022.

Your help is very much appreciated.

I have a question about Aero, then in relation to the 2022 Performance Mod.
These values :
<m_aero_front_cl_maxf_maxr value="0.97" />
<m_aero_front_cl_maxf_minr value="0.97" />
<m_aero_front_cl_minf_maxr value="0.97" />
<m_aero_front_cl_minf_minr value="0.97" />

"front_cl_maxf_maxr value" Is that responsible for what the maximum of the Aero is? So the faster the car drives, the more downforce. In fast corners.

"front_cl_minf_minr value". Then that would have to be the lowest value of the Aero. The slower the car drives, the less downforce. In slow corners.

Do I understand this in the right manner ?

hey i got a question i wanted to use this mod without the performance side of it do i just take the performance one out of active then put this mod in?
Here in the mod only the DirtyAir and Slipstream is optimized. And the DRS changed.
Otherwise the performance is original.
In the performance mod itself. There is the performance mod with and without DRS mod as options.
If you put the DRS mod into the modular active folder, it only changes the DirtyAir and DRS effect.
You only have both mods active if you add the performance mod that comes with DRS Mod to the modular active folder.

Last edited:
after a bit of testing after bahrain gp i think u should reduce the drs and slipstream because the bahrain gp was very easy to follow but they found it very hard to overtake you had to force a move

Last edited:
after a bit of testing after bahrain gp i think u should reduce the drs and slipstream because the bahrain gp was very easy to follow but they found it very hard to overtake you had to force a move
I would like to wait a few more races for that.
Verstappen shot past Leclerc with DRS. But only with the two of them was the DRS so extreme.
But thanks for your feedback.

There are two versions.
The normal and then the extreme.

Last edited:
I would like to wait a few more races for that.
Verstappen shot past Leclerc with DRS. But only with the two of them was the DRS so extreme.
But thanks for your feedback.

There are two versions.
The normal and then the extreme.
As per some news, Leclerc had problems with ers recharge for a couple of laps, that's where the difference in top speed came from. Better to wait a little bit!

Hello I have already tried some dirty air mods the problem was that it was too strong, that is, with the williams you could win, I wonder what is the difference between the normal and the extreme version?

Hello I have already tried some dirty air mods the problem was that it was too strong, that is, with the williams you could win, I wonder what is the difference between the normal and the extreme version?
Slipstream normal is more realistic.
Extreme Slipstream is more unrealistic. You quickly catch up with the vehicle in front. DirtyAir is reduced.

Hello, is it possible to use this mod with your 2022 performances mod with modular mods and if so how? beacuse both ERP files have the same name and it would overwrite each other.
or do i have to do it manually if i want to use them both?

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies