2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod

Misc 2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod Version 1.2 reworked

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shoya_525 submitted a new resource:

2022 DRS, DirtyAir & Slipstream Mod - The mod is supposed to recreate the racing in the 2022 season

Hey,

this is my DRS, Slipstream & Dirty Air Mod. The mod is supposed to recreate the racing in the 2022 season. Knowing what we have learned so far from the tests in Spain and Bahrain. According to the first statements, driving behind is better, but the slipstream is less than in the 2021 season. I try to imitate this effect in the mod.

The DRS also opens at the same angle as in reality and opens and closes at the same speed.

Constructive feedback is desired...

Read more about this resource...

Sure I'll do it. I gave you credits. With my performance mod. My DRS values are different here:

<DRSRotationAngleRadians value="0.900" />
<DRSOpenCloseSpeed value="10.00" />

I saw your DRS values. When I added those to my performance mod. The values there were as follows:
<DRSRotationAngleRadians value="1.00" />
<DRSOpenCloseSpeed value="50.00" />

If your values have changed. Or I can use your mod as inspiration for my own mod. Then I can give you credits.

sorry for the noob question but mercedes doesnt have an xml file on the ergo tab, how do i replace it?
No noob question. Codemaster solved it weird for Mercedes.
You can find the XML file for Mercedes under Teams and then common.erp. Open that with Ergo and XML Section in Ergo.

2021_assets_groups -> f1_2021_vehicle_package -> teams -> common.erp.

i know the formula nascar mod has alot of bouncing in the cars, could something similar be done to "simulate" porpoising?
I have never used the Formula Nascar mod. I would have to see if the suspension values were changed. And if yes. Ask the mod owner if I can integrate the mod.
Could you make a third version.

Or how bad is bouncing in the Formula Nascar Mod? Not that driving is impossible.

But thanks for the tip. Didn't even think of anything like that.

Hello, Shoya! As you know, I am always interested in mods like yours.

I have a question for you: I noted that in the realistic version you set a lift value of 0.45, that means that when following you only have 45% of your downforce, compared to the vanilla game 0.85, 85% downforce. As per what I know doing this in a mod enhances the effect of dirty air, this means losing downforce , which should be the exact opposite of what the 2022 cars want to recreate. Why did you decide to go for this approach?

Also, I notice that you set a 0.8 value for drag, meaning that you have a -20% drag on straights instead of the 0.9 of the vanilla game. So I think that you added dirty air and took drag away.
I tested a lot of values for lift and I am positive to say that any value under 0.80 creates handling issues for the AI that doesn't attempt to overtake anymore under dirty air and doesn't drive well when losing downforce.

(For the more overtakes version instead the principle is right, 1.3 means that you have 130% downforce when following thus creating an advantage).

It is difficult to say which values would be "realistic" for the 2022 season because as per the calculations a 0.85 lift should already be matching real life. Maybe you should try to have it almost neutral, 1.0 lift and 0.95 drag, very plain but the same downforce when following and only a little bit of slipstream.

I hope I was clear enough and thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Hello, Shoya! As you know, I am always interested in mods like yours.

I have a question for you: I noted that in the realistic version you set a lift value of 0.45, that means that when following you only have 45% of your downforce, compared to the vanilla game 0.85, 85% downforce. As per what I know doing this in a mod enhances the effect of dirty air, this means losing downforce , which should be the exact opposite of what the 2022 cars want to recreate. Why did you decide to go for this approach?

Also, I notice that you set a 0.8 value for drag, meaning that you have a -20% drag on straights instead of the 0.9 of the vanilla game. So I think that you added dirty air and took drag away.
I tested a lot of values for lift and I am positive to say that any value under 0.80 creates handling issues for the AI that doesn't attempt to overtake anymore under dirty air and doesn't drive well when losing downforce.

(For the more overtakes version instead the principle is right, 1.3 means that you have 130% downforce when following thus creating an advantage).

It is difficult to say which values would be "realistic" for the 2022 season because as per the calculations a 0.85 lift should already be matching real life. Maybe you should try to have it almost neutral, 1.0 lift and 0.95 drag, very plain but the same downforce when following and only a little bit of slipstream.

I hope I was clear enough and thanks for your time.
I looked at other DirtyAir mods and the values for lift and drag. And then increase these values a bit. Thanks for your very good feedback. You understand better than I what values would be more appropriate. I'll look at your values for lift and drag. May I use these values for the mod? I'll also give you credits for the fact that it's your idea and calculations.

I'm still waiting for your performance mod for F12021. Is there something planned?

I looked at other DirtyAir mods and the values for lift and drag. And then increase these values a bit. Thanks for your very good feedback. You understand better than I what values would be more appropriate. I'll look at your values for lift and drag. May I use these values for the mod? I'll also give you credits for the fact that it's your idea and calculations.

I'm still waiting for your performance mod for F12021. Is there something planned?
Thank you for the very kind words. Use any of the values, no problem at all as i didn't test them yet! I usually play with a very balance lift 0.85 and drag 0.85, to add 5% dirty air and 5% slipstream, although maybe I could make it a 0.80 slipstream as usually the driver say that the tow is very powerful in 2021. Sometimes when I want to have fun I change the lift to 1.2 or 1.3 to have more overtakes and battles.

About a 2022 performance mod I can't promise anything but I am starting to look into the values to try to create a performance mod like I did last year to itch that scratch until F1 2022 comes out. So far I am focusing on getting the values of the various teams for power, aero, drag and chassis so I can swap them around before making something hopefully more accurate.
Unless somebody gets there earlier than me, in that case I'm going to enjoy their mod and release a version of mine only in case I am not satisfied.

Back to the topic of your mod,
i think that the vaues of your "more overtakes" version can be fun and entertaining: in F1 2021 we have a 15% loss of downforce compared to the 40 - 45% that the drivers claim to lose in real life, so if the real life 2022 cars lose only a 15% downforce then it would make sense to set the value to 1.0 meaning no loss of downforce.
The only thing I'm not sure about when setting the value to 1.2 or 1.3 is that you have an advantage when following because downforce is added, as i told you, so this could lead to an unbalanced experience.

Feel free to try the values i suggested and let me know if you need any assistance!

Last edited:
Thank you for the very kind words. Use any of the values, no problem at all as i didn't test them yet! I usually play with a very balance lift 0.85 and drag 0.85, to add 5% dirty air and 5% slipstream, although maybe I could make it a 0.80 slipstream as usually the driver say that the tow is very powerful in 2021. Sometimes when I want to have fun I change the lift to 1.2 or 1.3 to have more overtakes and battles.

About a 2022 performance mod I can't promise anything but I am starting to look into the values to try to create a performance mod like I did last year to itch that scratch until F1 2022 comes out. So far I am focusing on getting the values of the various teams for power, aero, drag and chassis so I can swap them around before making something hopefully more accurate.
Unless somebody gets there earlier than me, in that case I'm going to enjoy their mod and release a version of mine only in case I am not satisfied.

Back to the topic of your mod,
i think that the vaues of your "more overtakes" version can be fun and entertaining: in F1 2021 we have a 15% loss of downforce compared to the 40 - 45% that the drivers claim to lose in real life, so if the real life 2022 cars lose only a 15% downforce then it would make sense to set the value to 1.0 meaning no loss of downforce.
The only thing I'm not sure about when setting the value to 1.2 or 1.3 is that you have an advantage when following because downforce is added, as i told you, so this could lead to an unbalanced experience.

Feel free to try the values i suggested and let me know if you need any assistance!
If I read everything you already know about it, I still have a lot to learn myself.
I think the 1.0 value for lift is good. The mod should be more in the direction of F1 2022 so that you have more overtakes and battles. What I'm still considering is with the value 0.95 for drag. I had taken 0.8 as the drag value. It should be somewhat similar there as well, as it will be in 2022.
With a value of 1.7 for lift, I know myself that you catch up very quickly on the one in front and quickly overtake. Find that too strong.
Thanks again for your great help in understanding better which value affects what.

Since you have a lot more idea about the values in the XML than I do. My current mod has 0.8 Drag. And from the feedback I've gotten back so far, a lot of people like it.
At the moment I'm trying your values (Lift 1.0/Drag 0.95).
And now I was thinking about what the best drag value would be. To make it as "realistic" as possible to 2022.

Do you have any suggestions ? Mine would be around 0.85 to 0.9. I don't know how much a 0.05 difference in value makes a difference.

can i have a tutorial? i dont know how to intall it
This is for manual installation.
But I also plan to create a copy and paste version, maybe a modular mod version as well.

I borrowed the instructions from StrongestFish Damage Mod. Thanks to StrongestFish for the guide, not me.

1.Install skin mod first.
2.Download Ego ERP Archiver 7.1 or newer here:

Ego ERP Archiver by Petar

This program lets you export and import resources from ERP archives for EGO engine games.
ryder25.itch.io
If you do not want to pay, then click little line "No thanks, just take me to the downloads"
3.Open folder Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams and find erp file of each team.
For example Ferrari: Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\ferrari\wep\ferrari.erp
Open erp file in Ego ERP Archiver, in tab Xml files - click .vtf file (for example ferrari.vtf), click xml files -> import, and choose xml file from mod. Mercedes.vtf located into Common.erp, not in Mercedes.erp.
demo1a.png

5.Save and repeat for each team.
demo2a.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play