2021 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Tracks 2021 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi! That's probably a mod issue. I will release an update in the next hours, maybe it will be fix it. But I think it's more a mod problem or because you have low graphics. Try to put the car detail in high.
Hi!
Sorry, I was wrong and you were right about the night light problem. It's really a mod setup problem. The cars come configured with specular and bump textures and these textures are what make the image whitish, with strange aspect. View the images with the applied textures and without the applied textures and respective settings next to 3dsimed.
Well, with the problems of shadows and lights solved, I'm having a great time in Jeddah; your work is amazing! Just yet i've distained some walls of their original positions to give more space to the bots in overtaking which they collided with the walls and now is more than perfect! Thank you for this excellent circuit!
Note: in the pictures, consider only the body of the car; i didn't move the wings

Attachments

• config_withspec+bump.jpg
    config_withspec+bump.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 35
  • nospec+bump.jpg
    nospec+bump.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
  • nospecular+bump.jpg
    nospecular+bump.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Withspecular+bump.jpg
    Withspecular+bump.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 31
You mean the shadows should be now vsible in the rFactor version, or you talk about F1C circuit? I mean, I just downloaded 2.0 updated rF version and still there are no car shadows on asphalt (at least I can't see them in my rF installation) - except the start-finish straight where those shadows are visible. So I'm still looking for a fix that could make those shadows visible all over the track. Cars without shadows look weird.
Hi!
Man, it's kind of hard to explain the way I went (even more in English... I'm Brazilian...), but I'm going to try... I played the game F1C, before knowing the Rfactor and downloaded a mod with the track Jeddah to F1C... when I downloaded the track here, to rfactor, without shadows, I took the clue I already had for F1C and converted the parts that had shadows in the F1C version (actually the track is the same, only converted, so everything fits perfect, without error) and had not in the RF version, ie the asphalt, the external areas and the rmbl (zebras?); So now I have the RF version with shadows! I could even post the clue with these updates, since the job is a bit tricky to be able to explain, but I do not know how to post and do not know if the modeler of the original track Would authorize me... but anyway the way i did was that and if you want to get venturing, the link of the mod I have to f1c version is this: https://f1cbr.blogspot.com/
Question of downloading and converting meshs (mts/gmt) and textures (bmp/dds) of the parts that are without shadows, but, attention, if you do not have good knowledge about how to make conversions, the task it's not that simple... anyway, good luck!

Hi!
Sorry, I was wrong and you were right about the night light problem. It's really a mod setup problem. The cars come configured with specular and bump textures and these textures are what make the image whitish, with strange aspect. View the images with the applied textures and without the applied textures and respective settings next to 3dsimed.
Well, with the problems of shadows and lights solved, I'm having a great time in Jeddah; your work is amazing! Just yet i've distained some walls of their original positions to give more space to the bots in overtaking which they collided with the walls and now is more than perfect! Thank you for this excellent circuit!
Note: in the pictures, consider only the body of the car; i didn't move the wings
Still on the night lights... anyway, the night lights create a bad effect on the asphalt which I did the conversion, making it very dark and strange-looking in some parts, but this is something I won't even investigate; I prefer to even run by day, since the built scenery is very beautiful in daylight!

Hi!
Man, it's kind of hard to explain the way I went (even more in English... I'm Brazilian...), but I'm going to try... I played the game F1C, before knowing the Rfactor and downloaded a mod with the track Jeddah to F1C... when I downloaded the track here, to rfactor, without shadows, I took the clue I already had for F1C and converted the parts that had shadows in the F1C version (actually the track is the same, only converted, so everything fits perfect, without error) and had not in the RF version, ie the asphalt, the external areas and the rmbl (zebras?); So now I have the RF version with shadows! I could even post the clue with these updates, since the job is a bit tricky to be able to explain, but I do not know how to post and do not know if the modeler of the original track Would authorize me... but anyway the way i did was that and if you want to get venturing, the link of the mod I have to f1c version is this: https://f1cbr.blogspot.com/
Question of downloading and converting meshs (mts/gmt) and textures (bmp/dds) of the parts that are without shadows, but, attention, if you do not have good knowledge about how to make conversions, the task it's not that simple... anyway, good luck!
Thank for your reply. I have some basic experience with 3DSimED and other tools, but I'm not sure if I can do the whole work myself like you did. I give it a try, though I lack some knowledge in this matter. Actually I don't know what exactly are the mts/gmt for Jeddah external areas and rumbles. I guess TA0, TA1 etc. are for tarmac. Should I convert all OBJ files? It would be great if you could share your RF version in some private way (private link on mediafire?) - and for my private use only...

Hello, I have a question, when I drive at night my tyres are shown white like in the picture, not in the way they should be i think, maybe you know the reason?
Man, I don't know if you managed to solve the problem of whitish textures or if this problem only appears in this circuit for you, but since I also came across this problem, not only in this circuit, but also in others, I made a better investigation on the subject because my first conclusion was regarding the presence of specular files , and that's still the problem, but to solve this problem by removing the files of each material that carried this kind of texture I would have a hard work ... Anyway, I ended up coming up with a much simpler solution for tracks that have spotlights, not ordinary street lights, and should have a type of strong light, present throughout the circuit, such as in Jeddah, Singapore, Yas Marina and others; what I found of solution was the following:

Note: Make a backup of the SCN and GDB files before venturing out... It may be that some error occurs and you can restart the work from the backups or even you can give up doing it or even not like the result and go back to what it was before.

In the SCN file:

First, use this setting:

View=mainview

{

Clear=False

Color=(0, 0, 0)

Second: Remove all lines related to light=lightnight except the first (Light=NightLight000 - this is the default).

Delete all others: (important: always leave a parenthesis ( { ) above where you erase a line in the SCN going to the other parenthesis... that is, instances should always be in parentheses: {instanse X, meshfileX, shadow, and etx}, unless you don't want to and know what you're doing, okay?!)

Light=NightLightXXX

{

Type=Omni Pos=(x, x, x) Range=(x, x) Active=True Intensity=(x) Color=(x, x, x)

}

Note: It is important to remove these lights so that the glow objects remain glowing... If the lines of the Light=Nightlight are not removed, the glow disappears and the spotlight is turned off, which generates a strange effect... Too much light and no spotlight on?

Still in the SCN, an extra tip regarding the glow objects, described like this:

Instance=NightLightxxGlow

{

MeshFile=NightLightxxGlow.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

}

It is important to apply a VisGroups to each instance, because then an object that should only appear at night, will only appear at night. Therefore, apply the following setting to each of the Instances, thus making the spotlights go out by day, only lighting up at night, right?!

Instance=NightLightxxGlow

{

VisGroups=(1024)

MeshFile=NightLightxxGlow.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False ShadowReceiver=False

}

Finally, in GDB, use this setting:

NightAmbientRGB = (255,255,255)

NightDirectionalRGB = (255,255,255)

NightFogRGB = (0,0,0)

This will solve the problem of whitish objects and the lights will be more uniform and intense in all stretches. From this information, you can make other experiments as to your personal taste... These settings solved my problem and satisfied my personal taste, okay?!

Hugs

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 34
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 28

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals