Alright when was that again.....?

maxresdefault.jpg

First podium for Ocon. Nice.

• Deleted member 379375

a big LOL... no, they were all as bland as Bottas most of their time with the scuderia and Todt made sure they understand that they were supporting drivers and not drivers to challenge the prima dona.

I remember Schmacher out qualifying Herbert at the Hungaroring and Schmacher losing the rear out of the last corner during qualifying, doing a 360, finishing the lap, and that lap was still faster than Herbert's best :)

Somewhat worried about Albon, will he lose his seat? And if so, where could he go? Would it be the end of his F1 career? Not good. Red Bull should nurture their 2nd drivers more and not listen to the sensationalist sports media.

Last edited:
Perez delivered in a furious and amazing way... from last to first is not just a good race, it is a legendary race. George close second because of his total dominion over Bottas and some great aggressive passing... but at the end, Perez got the crown in a flamboyant fashion... too bad more RD members do not recognize this amazing win ( and I am not even a Checo's fan, but I can recognize his great Sakhir achievement)

Last edited:
George had lapped Norris, so he was on the way to lapping the whole field. I think that without the safety cars and the disaster of a pit stop he definitely would have lapped everyone but maybe Bottas and whoever ended up in P3.

No matter what, the race was worth watching, right? ;)
All F1 races are worth watching for the diehard F1 fan. Perez went from last to first for a team that has never won. That to me is a racer of the day.

All F1 races are worth watching for the diehard F1 fan. Perez went from last to first for a team that has never won. That to me is a racer of the day.
What a bitter victory when you think about it... you worked your ass so much for this team over the year and when it is finally ripe and you are the most successful and the only one to finally score a victory, it still doesn't change that they fired you keeping the inferior owner's son only because he is... What a pity... Hope RB will have a final burst of lucidity and save Checo's right to be in F1...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 379375

What a bitter victory when you think about it... you worked your ass so much for this team over the year and when it is finally ripe and you are the only one to finally score a victory, it still doesn't change that they fired you keeping the inferior owner's son only because he is... What a pity... Hope RB will have a final burst of lucidity and save Checo's right to be in F1...
Plus he bailed the team out to keep them afloat, wasn't he paying staff wages?

It's a pity there aren't stats for how many times each driver locks brakes, gets flat spot, loses the rear a little bit, misses an apex, and all that other stuff that costs a driver time. I bet if you could make such a ranking Lewis would have a very low number of mistakes in comparison to other drivers.

He has finachial backing and that makes him marketable. Hes also a pretty good driver. You have only 20 seats and about 30 drivers fighting for them
I'm afraid it's that financial backing that is costing him dearly now...
None of the major teams will allow the small sponsors that Perez is attached to on their car.
And I fear Sergio has contracts with these smaller sponsors that he can not get out of.

It's a pity there aren't stats for how many times each driver locks brakes, gets flat spot, loses the rear a little bit, misses an apex, and all that other stuff that costs a driver time. I bet if you could make such a ranking Lewis would have a very low number of mistakes in comparison to other drivers.
And that has nothing to do with a car as well ? Put him into Williams and we shall see how he will nail each apex , not lockup etc

Said the user who does nothing else on this site other than defend Hamiliton. Do you even watch F1? :roflmao:
I don't have to defend Hamilton because the man's performances defend themselves. He doesn't need me to slam people like yourself in the proverbial face because he's doing it himself with ease. All you people can do is repeat the same thing over and over like a hungry parrot.

And that has nothing to do with a car as well ? Put him into Williams and we shall see how he will nail each apex , not lockup etc
Not really, unless the other car is an absolute pig to drive which it probably isn't at this stage. It's not like the Merc uses ABS, so getting the maximum out of them is up to the drivers abilities.

Errors are a complex topic. There are unforced errors and there are those that come when fighting for position or driving closer to the limit because your car is not as good as the competitors.

At the end of the day it is speculation when drivers have different cars.

I agree that the competitive balance is off, but it also extends to teams not hiring the best driver available, which makes it even more comical.

Last time I checked, there's no rule that forces a F1 team to hire specific drivers. Racing Point can hire whoever they want without being called shady, dishonest, comical etc.

For that matter, Ferrari kept Raikonnen several years after he was past his prime. Mercedes has Bottas. Red Bull never properly replaced Ricciardo. Haas current lineup is far from the best possible. So is Williams.

All kinds of factors influence the choice of a driver. It's not a video game when you simply click with your mouse and hire somebody. There are human, financial and commercial considerations that determine who drives for which team.

Pat, one day they should organize a qualification session with all the drivers laping with the championship top and worst car and see how they really stand between each other... ;-) A kind of Super Top Gear challenge! or a mandatory "race of champions" for all the F1 drivers on 1/2 real track. I am pretty sure there would be stunning surprises...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back