AMS2 2019 Stock Car Brasil @ Velo Città, Thursday 17th August

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
It could be the final 2.1mb that makes all the difference...

New hotfix live now, including a few more pressing fixes (most relevant being RX

V1.5.0.5 CHANGELOG

GENERAL

• Fixed Automatic by weather option notchanging tyres in pitstops
  • Fixed an audio related issue that could lead to CTD
UI & HUD
  • Fixed refresh and filter buttons bound to same key on MP browser page
PHYSICS
  • Further tire tread adjustments for Group C, GTE, GT3, GT Open, Kartcross, Rallcross, F-USA SW variants
  • Adjusted wet tire treads for GTE; F-Ultimate Gen1/2, F-Reiza, GT3, GT4, Super V8, P1, karts
  • Reduced dirty air effect on front wing for F-USA Gen1-3 & 2023 speedway configs
  • Minor aero adjustments for Mclaren 720S GT3, BMW M6, Nissan GT-R
  • Adjusted Traction control range for GTE & GT3 classes
  • Mclaren MP4/4: Minor aero adjustment
  • Slightly increased rear wing downforce for Rallycross, Kartcross
  • GT3: Further minor diffuser adjustments for all models in class
  • Group C: Further aero adjustments; adjusted diff lock per clutch
  • McLaren F1 GTR: corrected rear damper setting asymmetry
AI
  • Fixed a bug causing RX AI to randomly slow down in races
  • Adjusted AI throttle application for GTE, GT3, GT4, GT Open, F-USA oval variants;
  • AI wet weather performance calibration for F-Retro Gen2/3, F-Classic Gen1-4, F-V12, F-V10 Gen1/2, F-Reiza, F-Ultimate Gen1/2, Group C GT3, GT4, Super V8, P1 GTE, GT3, GT4
  • AI calibration pass for F-Classic Gen2
  • Further adjusted AI overtaking thresholds for F-USAs in speedway configurations
  • Slightly reduced AI hot lap performance boost
VEHICLES
  • F-Classic Gen1-4: Reduced incidence of sparks

Last edited:
results are up! https://simresults.net/230818-7RJ

Thanks for the racing everyone. Had some great battles and even managed to actually use the boost button properly in the first race, but everyone cottoned on for the second one! :)

Next week will be at Goiânia, so hopefully more opportunities to overtake:

1692342366229.png

results are up! https://simresults.net/230818-7RJ

Thanks for the racing everyone. Had some great battles and even managed to actually use the boost button properly in the first race, but everyone cottoned on for the second one! :)

Next week will be at Goiânia, so hopefully more opportunities to overtake:

View attachment 688212
Not yet noticed that this cars have a boost button,that's why you could shoot off after the corners like hell :)

Not yet noticed that this cars have a boost button,that's why you could shoot off after the corners like hell :)
Ha! yeah, I managed to be sneaky about it on the first race, but @max1966i was wise to it on the second one and kept leaving me for dust on the main straight :)

I normally avoid using it as most of the time I just lose the time gained by stuffing up the next corner, but I found this track was incredibly difficult to overtake on without it.

Ha! yeah, I managed to be sneaky about it on the first race, but @max1966i was wise to it on the second one and kept leaving me for dust on the main straight :)

I normally avoid using it as most of the time I just lose the time gained by stuffing up the next corner, but I found this track was incredibly difficult to overtake on without it.
Is it a timelimited boost by holding the knob down ,or only on by a knob / off by braking ?

Is it a timelimited boost by holding the knob down ,or only on by a knob / off by braking ?
It's a bit quirky. I haven't exactly figured it out, but when you press the boost button there is a short delay before it kicks in, then you see the 'boost bar' gradually empty over a few seconds during which time there is a fairly significant increase in acceleration. The bar empties regardless of you holding the button down or not.

Once the bar empties, it takes about 2 minutes or so to gradually fill back up, after which you can press the button again.

I did notice a number on the boost bar once it was full. I'm guessing it is the number of times you can use it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.