AMS2 2019 Stock Car Brasil @ Velo Città, Thursday 17th August

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

This Thursday we are off to Autódromo Velo Città, a challenging track with a tricky downhill chicane and lots of fun elevation changes!

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com #2 - Thursday 2019 Stock Car
Server Password: PM will be sent on sign up
Server Settings: X1 fuel, X1 tyre wear
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Velo Città
Class: 2019 Stock Car

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

DurationUTCBSTCESTEDT
Practice30 mins18:3019:3020:3014:30
Qualifying25 mins19:0020:0021:0015:00
Race 125 mins19:3020:3021:3015:30
Qualifying / Break5 mins19:5520:5521:5515:55
Race 225 mins20:0021:0022:0016:00

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List

1. GeekyDeaks
  2. Munkyboo
  3. max1966i
  4. Lloyd Johnston
  5. *Redvaliant
  6. PurgerUK
  7. *RockRacing77
  8. Bas Kriesels
  9. *The Almighty Snark
  10. Eric S
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm not going to disable the tyre wear. If you are having issues with extreme tyre wear due to locking up under braking, try reducing the brake pressure to 80%, then gradually increasing it until you find the point the lock-ups start again.

I'm still open for suggestions on the tyres if anyone has a preference. I'm trying to abstain from testing on the combo, but I did some laps at brands and the tyres seem fine if you treat them ok, but they degraded incredibly fast once I forced a flat spot either via a spin or locking up aggressively.

Last edited:
Sign me up please. I enjoy the tires as otherwise you can lock up without any disadvantage. It adds realism and forces you to drive not all out 100% of the time.
I think when sliding and you are braking its even worse, as last time i had slides but maybe i wasnt instinctively braking during the slide so i was still fine even with some tire wear.
Just need to drive bit differently once it's worn as it's much easier to lock up. As long as I went easier on the brakes it's still doable.

I enjoy the tires as otherwise you can lock up without any disadvantage. It adds realism and forces you to drive not all out 100% of the time.
I'm in the same camp. Driving the Ultima over the past couple of months taught me to avoid lockups as it made the breaking distances noticeably longer, so once the 1.5 changes hit, I didn't notice a massive difference except when I was still practicing. I guess the reason I was putting it out there is the fact that you now get a double whammy from locking up as you run deep losing time and also have much higher tyre wear

@Bas Kriesels - I think you were the only one who got punctures in the last event. Do you think that was due to the tyre wear?

Ok, I had a bit of a play this morning and I think I have a good handle on this now. I'm pretty sure that the game does not simulate punctures, but if you abuse the tyres like crazy, the handling and flat spot feedback is so bad it almost feels like one, with the car squirrelling around under braking and acceleration.

Setting the brake pressure to 80% almost eliminates any ability to lock-up for me and I have to be at full pressure until the car is going pretty slow before it locks. 75% and I cannot get it to lock-up at all. For reference the default is 90%.

My advice is this: if you are struggling with lock-up, reduce the pressure to 80% and then increase it a little until you find the sweet spot for you.

Last week, in the Group C Nissan, I managed to flat spot my right front tyre to the extent that after 15 minutes it was totally black in the tyre hud display. Not a punture, but zero usable tread left and zero grip - I was 9 seconds a lap slower @ Silverstone with this worn out tyre. So yeah, reduce the brake pressure in the menu to avoid lock ups.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.