2019 Formula One Russian Grand Prix

Terrible on track day.
SV takes the lead, then scuderia tell him to return the position to Lewhine?
What a farce. The fastest car lost.
And if it won people would be complaining that he won the race because he had the fastest car.

I thought it was a good tactical race. Mercedes and Hamilton did everything right and got the result. Unfortunate for Ferrari but thems the breaks.

I think it's been a great year for Hamilton, he's been been as close to perfect as a driver can get. Even when he's car isn't the best on paper he's still winning races.

Ferrari should have known Vettel wouldn't give back that position, they set up that problem and should have known better. If any plan was put in place it should have been to swap them at the pit stop, asking drivers to slow down and let cars pas is ridiculous. Now they have too upset drivers, LeClerk because he's playing second fiddle to Vettel even though he's the faster driver, and Vettel because he's being usurped by the young fella.

They need to sit Vettel down and tell him he's not the number one any more and let the drivers sort it out on track. At this stage I think Vettel will be a problem, he's got a bruised ego and that could lead to crashes when him and LeClerk meet on track.

and you decide it by one race that you no longer follow your probably favourite sport after 30-40 years? ok makes sense
its been on my mind for some time now, its not after 1 race, but come on, be honest how exciting is it really ? See other race classes and be amazed....ok its not glamour and glitter but its pure racing, like the dtm kind of stuff.

its been on my mind for some time now, its not after 1 race, but come on, be honest how exciting is it really ? See other race classes and be amazed....ok its not glamour and glitter but its pure racing, like the dtm kind of stuff.

The races since Monaco were all great except France and had interesting battles, overtakes/drama. There was everything.

Yeah the top 3 is in a league on its own and the midfield too but the races were excellent.
Im a die hard f1 fan since im started following the sport when i was a little kid, and still love it. Thats why i cant think a reason to abandon something easily after years and years of "fun". I love f1, just like any other kind of motorsport.

Especially when you have Ferrari pit wall making tactical decisions like this:
2634z8.jpg

Leclerc isn't going to be a champion next year, or any year that Lewis is still racing, and with Mercedes.
I wouldn't be so confident about that. There's a ten year gap between them and I'd say Hamilton will probably race past his prime, I rate Hamilton very highly but he has a real challenge in LecLerk. I think Leclerk has it in him to beat Hamilton right now, if he has the right car. It would be very interesting to see them on the same team, I know people have been talking about Hamilton moving to Ferrari but I think that's less likely now that Leclerk has showed his talent, the two on the same team would make the current conflict between Vettel and LecLerk like playground stuff. Hamilton would want to be the number 1 driver and I don't see LecLerk playing second fiddle for much longer.

Mercedes as a team are better than Ferrari though, they just don't make anywhere near as many errors, while they don't always make the best move they rarely make the wrong move. If Ferrari could get a handle on their unforced errors they'd be much closer to Mercedes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so confident about that. There's a ten year gap between them and I'd say Hamilton will probably race past his prime, I rate Hamilton very highly but he has a real challenge in LeCLerk. I think LeClerk has it in him to beat Hamilton right now, if he has the right car. It would be very interesting to see them on the same team, I know people have been talking about Hamilton moving to Ferrari but I think that's less likely now that LeClerk has showed his talent, the two on the same team would make the current conflict between Vettel and LeCLerk like playground stuff. Hamilton would want to be the number 1 driver and I don't see LeCLerk playing second fiddle for much longer.

Mercedes as a team are better than Ferrari though, they just don't make anywhere near as many errors, while they don't always make the best move they rarely make the wrong move. If Ferrari could get a handle on their unforced errors they'd be much closer to Mercedes.

Leclerc*

Don't Like Sochi at all. Not a fan of Old School street circuits like Monaco and Pheonix, Detroit. Problem is when theirs a mechanical problem your are boxed it and stranded on the track ready for cars to pile into you. The walls are as high as the car so turns are all blind. These modern tracks like Singapore and Sochi give you lots of room to the side of the turn for you to escape a dangerous situation. You can also see into the exit of the turn. Avoiding a pace car physical or virtual. Witch eats up race laps. 200 miles when you think about it is not that long. Maybe races should be longer like 300 to 600 miles like in America. The bottom line is thogh these tracks look pretty on TV they are not good on drivers and teams. But this is the direction F1 is going. The permanent track cost's a lot to maintain over a year and its simpler to have a street race with Hotels and restaurants near buy limiting the amount of equipment needed send to the event. Because permanent tracks are in the middle of the country side and require camping. That most people would not do. So this is the way of modern F1. Be prepared to say goodbye to the traditional tracks as they try to compete with street circuits that can host the event at a fraction of the cost of a real race track. That would make a better more entertaining event. Besides Millennial's like street circuits because it reminds them of the track on the latest video game.
Mind you guys Merc is yet to have a DNF this season. I'm not hoping for it, but it's gonna be very interesting if that happens. 6 more races! when merc pulled off that 8 straight wins, it's amost unimaginable. But another team doing that is not entirely impossible. Just saying. It's gonna be a long wait, but the championship is still alive, only it is currently in the E.R. Ferrari trying it's best to revive it.
last year i assumed AMG-Mercedes would have problems in the end of the season running refurbished engines (Engines stock piled due a a forced engine change, like a Monza where you need a new engine) at the end and they did not. If it happens mid pack teams could roll forwards past the big 3.

I think the championship is a foregone conclusion for 2019, but there's a reasonable chance we'll get an interesting 2020 before the regs change. Of course we all thought that about 2019 after Ferrari had the better car in 2018, but being Ferrari they decided to sh-- the bed for the first half of the season.

Here's hoping for better next year. It'll at least be entertaining to see the Germans squirm a bit for the next few races.
2020 will see the big 3 Scudaria-Ferrari Red Bull and AMG-Mercedes would probably do financial deals under the table because the money is there. Problem with the cost cap is it's hard to police over teams earning above the cap. I would make them give funds over the cap to charity of choice.Like a hospital for children with serious conditions like Cancer. And other diseases.

Problem with the cost cap is it's hard to police over teams earning above the cap.
An easy way around the cost issues to to put a people cap on the teams. That would restrict man hours and you can't fix a lack of man hours with money (at least when hiring new people is off the table).

Educated people are expensive. I would guess that a large part of any F1 teams costs are wages. Most corporations compartmentalise their jobs into smaller parts so that they don't have to rely too much on any one person. Money allows them to replace one genius with 50 smart people and get similar results.

Maybe allow smaller teams to temporarily bring on some additional people if they are floundering.

• Deleted member 113561

why are you acting like this, i never said something stupid about you, so please try to act like an adult, but i guess you are not as your answer is nonsense....have a great day. Just ignore me please before you post this...
Your original reply was childish behavior, if you do it, it is okay, but if I reply in that manner, it is not ...
please go away from this website, nobody will miss you

I wouldn't be so confident about that. There's a ten year gap between them and I'd say Hamilton will probably race past his prime, I rate Hamilton very highly but he has a real challenge in LecLerk. I think Leclerk has it in him to beat Hamilton right now, if he has the right car. It would be very interesting to see them on the same team, I know people have been talking about Hamilton moving to Ferrari but I think that's less likely now that Leclerk has showed his talent, the two on the same team would make the current conflict between Vettel and LecLerk like playground stuff. Hamilton would want to be the number 1 driver and I don't see LecLerk playing second fiddle for much longer.

I'm extremely confident about that topic. There isn't anyone in F1 who Lewis can't chase down and eventually pass. Lewis came closer to catching the Red Bull at Hungary, and the Ferrari and Leclerc at Monza than Leclerc did with Bottas at Sochi. Leclerc doesn't posses the killer instinct and predatory driving that Lewis posses - no one does, and we have seen it time and time again. Lewis just keeps getting better really.

Last edited:
And if it won people would be complaining that he won the race because he had the fastest car.

I thought it was a good tactical race. Mercedes and Hamilton did everything right and got the result. Unfortunate for Ferrari but thems the breaks.

I think it's been a great year for Hamilton, he's been been as close to perfect as a driver can get. Even when he's car isn't the best on paper he's still winning races.

Ferrari should have known Vettel wouldn't give back that position, they set up that problem and should have known better. If any plan was put in place it should have been to swap them at the pit stop, asking drivers to slow down and let cars pas is ridiculous. Now they have too upset drivers, LeClerk because he's playing second fiddle to Vettel even though he's the faster driver, and Vettel because he's being usurped by the young fella.

They need to sit Vettel down and tell him he's not the number one any more and let the drivers sort it out on track. At this stage I think Vettel will be a problem, he's got a bruised ego and that could lead to crashes when him and LeClerk meet on track.
Vettel was clearly the fastest driver in the race. He was ahead by 4 seconds when Leclerc pitted, and there was no reason other than pure speed. Sorry that you missed the race.

The cars being miles faster than anything out there is a big drawing card for me, even if the racing is not the best at times.

Vettel was clearly the fastest driver in the race.
He was fastest at that point in the race. He could have been eating through his tyres at a faster rate while Leclerc stuck to a pit stop strategy that would put him in a better position towards the end of the race to fight the two Mercs.

I would love to see Vettel winning, I think he deserves one more championship but the fact is Leclerc is faster in general, he doesn't have Vettels experience or ability to control the team but he's fundamentally a faster driver. It's going to be very hard for Ferrari to continue to back Vettel as the number one driver over Leclerc, which they need to do if Mercedes are doing it for Hamilton.

I don't believe Vettel is still number one driver if you ask me. In my opinion
this could be the case probably since Spa or even earlier, and this has
been more than obvious in Sochi. Or do you actually think they would ask
their "number one" driver to swap the position with his (at this time slower)
teammate, and after that, they would forcing the swap by letting their
number 1 struggle with old tires way too long?
No, the situation looks certainly more like there is no number 1 at all at
the moment, and at the same time Ferrari wants to beat Mercedes in every
race, the car is now able to do so.
Ferrari tries to manage the situation by enforcing questionable agreements
and race strategies. It's a dilemma because at this point in time neither
Vettel nor Leclerce are really willing to play the second fiddle, no one
wants to be a wingman (aka Bottas) even just for one race.
I don't presume to know what the best solution would be right now but i can
say what i'd like to see: an open and fair battle between both roosters
until the end of the season. Championchip for Ferrari is out of reach anyway.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back