2019 Formula One Russian Grand Prix

Oh, this is getting boring now, with Ferrari winning everything... Is Russia going to be another Ferrari snooze-fest / parade / foregone conclusion? :D

Oh boy, Heiko Wasser, commentator of german free tv
broadcaster RTL, is really getting stupider and stupider
with every race. This time he said, during the last stint
of Q3, that Leclerc has had a little advantage because
he was in a distance to Vettel where Vettel's tow still had
an influence on his better lap time LOL:roflmao::):cry:,
Leclerce was 4-5 secs behind Vettel in reality....

I didn't believe/see it last year, but Leclerc really is gifted.
I already noticed last year, but it didn't show when he was at Sauber.
Actually I couldn't wait to see him go to Ferrari.

His 4th pole in a row (!) equalizes Schumacher already; if this guy starts to hit the throttle, he'll blow the competition completely away. I have a strong feeling that one of THE most succesfull drivers of all times has arrived.
How long is he driving F1? Speaking of an alien...

It seems that it's general knowledge in the paddock that a 4 second gap is the perfect amount to gain a bit on the straight and lose almost no time in the corners - I can only assume that you missed the Belgian and Italian Grands prix as it seemed it was all they talked about at some stage.

In fact, Steiner said it during qualifying today. He was saying it was worth a tenth, maybe 2.

Not that he would've beaten Leclerc, but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's true.

I already noticed last year, but it didn't show when he was at Sauber.
Actually I couldn't wait to see him go to Ferrari.

His 4th pole in a row (!) equalizes Schumacher already; if this guy starts to hit the throttle, he'll blow the competition completely away. I have a strong feeling that one of THE most succesfull drivers of all times has arrived.
How long is he driving F1? Speaking of an alien...

Ferrari have the best car at this moment. Simple! But the difference is very painfull voor Vettel.
Leclerc doing a realy good job :thumbsup:

Eventhough I guess that most commentators does favour drivers from their own nationality then I agree that the german RTL is by far the worst.
And they also have a slight problem explaining that Nico Hulkenberg probably is out next year.
Because he is a german too.
Hehe if Vettel decided to end his career next year then Im sure RTL would find an excuse to end all their F1 transmissions.
OK maybe until Mick Schumacher get a ticket.:roflmao::roflmao:

Correction: There is 1 nation where the the commentators is more nationalistic than the germans - Norway:roflmao::roflmao:

It seems that it's general knowledge in the paddock that a 4 second gap is the perfect amount to gain a bit on the straight and lose almost no time in the corners - I can only assume that you missed the Belgian and Italian Grands prix as it seemed it was all they talked about at some stage.

In fact, Steiner said it during qualifying today. He was saying it was worth a tenth, maybe 2.

Not that he would've beaten Leclerc, but it doesn't detract from the fact that it's true.
I've looked again and actually it was a gap of 6 secs between
both Ferraris, so at such a distance there is never ever a
(noteworthy) effect to be felt.
But i admit to exclude an effect at a gap of 3-4 secs was
probably not quite right, must have missed the talk about
that somehow indeed.

Ferrari have the best car at this moment. Simple! But the difference is very painfull voor Vettel.
Leclerc doing a realy good job :thumbsup:
It's not only the car, it's his whole approach; Vettel has the same car.
(Hamilton also has an excellent car, he outqualified Vettel)
To beat two multiple times WDC's for pole by 0.4sec is incredible.
He was the only one in the 1:31.x, Vettel and Hamilton couldn't do it.
If Ferrari didn't hold him off earlier this year in favor of Vettel, he might have gone for the WDC at his 1st year with Ferrari. Also bearing in mind that he still hasn't got a single penalty point on his licence, which indicates what a clean driver he is.
He's performing exactly the way I imagined. Very impressive.

Heiko Wasser ( and that other complete idiot Kai Ebel ), as well as the constant interuptions due to advertising breaks, are the main reasons I switched to F1.com TV last year. RTLs F1 coverage is a sick joke: when you subtract all the advertising breaks from the total race time, you're probably only seeing half of the race. And if anything happens in the ad. break, you just have to hope that the director runs a replay, as RTL has no control over the transmission, they just buy it in from F1.com TV.
By the way: stupider is not a word, it's more stupid :)

It's not only the car, it's his whole approach; Vettel has the same car.
(Hamilton also has an excellent car, he outqualified Vettel)
To beat two multiple times WDC's for pole by 0.4sec is incredible.
He was the only one in the 1:31.x, Vettel and Hamilton couldn't do it.
If Ferrari didn't hold him off earlier this year in favor of Vettel, he might have gone for the WDC at his 1st year with Ferrari. Also bearing in mind that he still hasn't got a single penalty point on his licence, which indicates what a clean driver he is.
He's performing exactly the way I imagined. Very impressive.

I am realy happy for you ;)

Ferrari just can't help themselves...all those premature team orders did was aggravate the drivers. Let the guys race.

Last edited:
Well...If Lewis wins this one, there's a near 100% certainty that he's got WDC #6...he'd have to DNF in nearly every remaining race for Bottas to beat him...much less any of the Ferrari guys...and the Mercs are too reliable for that.

Vettel of course gets quote of the year: "Bring back the ***** V12's..." :D:D:D:D:D:D:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.2%