2014 McLaren MP4-29

The livery in Australia is a one-off 20th anniversary livery for their partnership with Mobil 1.
I can't paste the pictures on my phone though.
Can someone else?

The livery in Australia is a one-off 20th anniversary livery for their partnership with Mobil 1.
I can't paste the pictures on my phone though.
Can someone else?

There we go ;)
BikCD5SIgAAIrJU.jpg:large

looks similar to the West cars they had.
(answer me this, at the cockpit end of the nose, where the sidepod starts, does that look like the old West "bubble" at all to anyone?)

Still, I like it, nothing much to it, but when you have nothing in the first place. I like it much more than the MP4-29 logos

I just realised (I know that McLaren is traditionally orange) that Black and Silver are most commonly associated with New Zealand. And Bruce McLaren was a Kiwi so I wonder if that is some reason for it too??

Orange is the official McLaren color.
During the Senna years the Red/White was a Honda thing and the Silver livery was basically a Mercedes thing.
( I think the red and white was actually the Marlboro colours wasn't it ?) and if I remember correctly they actually had a stint in the "Marlboro" colours with a Peugeot V10 engine just before they swapped to Merc ( it was the MP4/9 of 1994). sorry to correct you

( I think the red and white was actually the Marlboro colours wasn't it ?) and if I remember correctly they actually had a stint in the "Marlboro" colours with a Peugeot V10 engine just before they swapped to Merc ( it was the MP4/9 of 1994). sorry to correct you

Yeh the red/white was around long before Honda.
It was a Marlboro thing.

The red and white of Marlboro also transferred to the first of the Mercedes powered cars, the MP4/10 and MP4/11. The West brand is German, so obviously Merc pulled some strings there for the team, and the silver came out in the livery

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back