2014 McLaren MP4-29

Interesting there was no protest against the fat rear wishbones in the end.

I wonder if they'll show up on any other cars in Malaysia.
obviously there was no rule that outlawed it enough to constitute an appeal.
As for other teams, wasn't it said it would be very hard to copy without radically redesigning the entire rear suspension?

Orange is the official McLaren color.
During the Senna years the Red/White was a Honda thing and the Silver livery was basically a Mercedes thing.

It had nothing to do with who the engine supplier was. It was who the title sponsor was. The red and white was from the years that Marlboro were the title sponsor, and the silver was from the West sponsorship. Heck, they were still with Marlboro and red/white after they'd switched to Mercedes (given in 1995 Mercedes were the supplier, not Honda). In 1997 when they switched to West tobacco as their sponsor, it turned silver because West were launching a single grade tobacco cigarette that year in silver packaging.

Same with Williams and Bennetton both going from Yellow with Camel sponsorship, to Blue under Rothmann's and Mild Seven respectively.

I'm surprised no one posted this already.

McLaren ran an adapted MP4-29 with Honda power unit at Silverstone yesterday.

There are a couple pictures, but I can't post them on my phone.

He seems terribly slow, is that his first ever test in an F1 car?
No he is one of their test driver and he has tested for them before. This was just a promotional event where they were only allowed on track for a total of 100 kilometers (which I think that is about 16 laps or so around Silverstone) and they also had demonstration tires on so it wasn't a full test run. I read that McLaren plan on officially testing the Honda power unit at the Yas Marina circuit during the test days following the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which I think are on the 25th and 26th of this month.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 88 30.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 63 21.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.2%