2014 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Whiting should retire, period. Or actually be dismissed by the FIA. At first he held the safety car for way too long when everybody were agreeing on intermediates and then this - resuming the race while the tractor was in the wrong place, as clearly shown by Bianchi's accident. It's no bad luck here, just Charlie. He has no idea how to evaluate the situation correctly. It has become his trademark, really.

Last edited:
I must also add, I think there should be a clause in the contracts that with a typhoon, hurricane or tropical storm emanate the FIA should have the option to adjust race times/dates accordingly.

They have, don't they?
They were thinking about racing earlier, or even yesterday.
But as the worst part of that typhoon missed Suzuka they kept the original date and time.
(right call imho)

Well guys, if Charlie would've done an SC you would've complained how Charlie killed the race in front.

Now he kept the race going this happened and you're also mocking at him..
In neither case he seems to be doing any good.

Also this looks very bad. I think about 10-20cm of bodywork behind the driver is gone, incl the rollbar..
http://i.imgur.com/P8bCmVe.png

Well guys, if Charlie would've done an SC you would've complained how Charlie killed the race in front.

Now he kept the race going this happened and you're also mocking at him..
In neither case he seems to be doing any good.

As I said: NORMALLY there wouldn't have been any need for a SC, but in those conditions you just can't take a chance... and see what happened...

As I said: NORMALLY there wouldn't have been any need for a SC, but in those conditions you just can't take a chance... and see what happened...
Blame Sutil, he made this happen.
See how stupid this looks... The main thing is Bianchi to recover, anything else is just pointless and stupid at that moment. Safety in F1 is incredible and there were double yellows. Also even if there were any safety car that could have happen again.

From Sky Sports' Craig Slater:
"Jules Bianchi is being treated at Mie University Hospital, which is quite a sizeable teaching institution. He was taken there by ambulance rather than the medical helicopter which, contrary to reports, was quite capable of taking off. It was for medical reasons that he was taken by ambulance.

"We don't have any further update on his condition other than that he was unconscious when he was transferred.

"Eyewitnesses have told me that Bianchi's car struck the recovery vehicle and went underneath the medical vehicle."

Seems as though we won't be getting anymore major updates for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%