2014 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

BzLjoa7CUAQkJ7M.jpg

I had an inkling that something massive will happen but i really didn't hope this one. Can't really say much now (just watched the race, i had no idea an hour ago). Hope is strong that the safety measures around vehicle retrieval will be updated. Japan has traditionally been a place where "race happens now" no matter what conditions, a dangerous place.

I read on autosport that it was stated in press that he was to undergo surgery again for a new bleeding, and was back on assisted breathing... :(

Looking grim again. Damn, it's tough not knowing, worrying.

When i saw the accident when watching the race, and how the marshals signaled for help, all the images of past fatal accidents came back to my mind. I actually just covered my face in my hands and went "no no no"... It had the hallmarks of a really bad hit.

Come on Jules. Pull through this second surgery as well. Keep fighting!

I haven't seen anything stating this. Link?

I quote from yesterday evening at autosport forums. I don't speak french so i can not read it, someone care to translate?

Lots of rumours however...

Quote:

Autosport Member said:
According to Radio Monte Carlo (their journalist Antoine Arlot is in Japan), Bianchi will likely need another operation as there is bleeding. He is now breathing under assistance (in French) :

http://rmcsport.bfmt...ere-838397.html

1891213_838866206138237_613833327596108859_n.jpg
1604902_838866126138245_7166586599584048026_n.jpg

And i just cannot understand who is the guy behind this that made that very very (cynical of course) good choice or idea whatever, to bring out the loader on the circuit by passing the safety wall and placing himself at the end of the run-off area, next to the car of Sutil, to pick it up. Wouldn't be just fine if they left the Sauber stuck there? Even if car crashed into it, what?

I understand Sauber would pay for more and not necessary damages to its car which would be inflicted by another driver crashing into it, but after all in the circumstances it was very logical thing to do. It was damn too risky and yet they took out the loader on the turn where you are going kinda uphill, long left very fast turn which is little bumpy on the right edge of the corner itself. Drivers were driving wide everywhere, no wonder they went out on the same corner, lap after lap or at least after two laps. Same place same way.

They should just have left the Sauber there. It was stupid decision to try and pick it up but it is what it is.

Now best we pray for Jules and just hope his career wont be ended too soon.

1891213_838866206138237_613833327596108859_n.jpg
1604902_838866126138245_7166586599584048026_n.jpg

And i just cannot understand who is the guy behind this that made that very very (cynical of course) good choice or idea whatever, to bring out the loader on the circuit by passing the safety wall and placing himself at the end of the run-off area, next to the car of Sutil, to pick it up. Wouldn't be just fine if they left the Sauber stuck there? Even if car crashed into it, what?

I understand Sauber would pay for more and not necessary damages to its car which would be inflicted by another driver crashing into it, but after all in the circumstances it was very logical thing to do. It was damn too risky and yet they took out the loader on the turn where you are going kinda uphill, long left very fast turn which is little bumpy on the right edge of the corner itself. Drivers were driving wide everywhere, no wonder they went out on the same corner, lap after lap or at least after two laps. Same place same way.

They should just have left the Sauber there. It was stupid decision to try and pick it up but it is what it is.

Now best we pray for Jules and just hope his career wont be ended too soon.
Well hind-sight is always 20/20, and there's not much we can do about it. :(

Thanks for the update, albeit a sad one... Let's all just pray for Jules, his family, and friends. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this is for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back