2013 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
event_artwork_905.jpg
Monza
Monza is regarded by many as the embodiment of Formula One racing. Not only is it a fantastic example of a track that combines speed with skill, it also has a heart and soul all of its own. It has seen some of the finest races of all time, but also some of the sport's worst accidents. The names of great drivers and the sounds of engines from years gone by linger in the grand old trees surrounding the track in the royal park.

Work began on the circuit in 1922 and was completed in under six months. After Brooklands in the UK and Indianapolis in the USA, it was the third permanent race track in existence. With a banked oval incorporated into the design of the road racing circuit, the total track length stood at a whopping 10 kilometres.

The list of famous victories and horrifying crashes is long, and all combine to make Monza one of the most magical places on the Formula One calendar. For many there is nowhere that encapsulates the sport better than this circuit. The Italians call it 'La Pista Magica', the magic track, a description few would disagree with.

Read the full Italian Grand Prix preview here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/2013/09/2013-formula-one-italian-grand-prix/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with Alonso. They had the pace last year and probably would have gotten pole and won if not for the suspension problem in Q3.
They already had good pace in the dry at Spa and as always, Ferrari will probably bring big upgrades to Monza to prop up their form in front of the Tifosi.

I just have to hope it's Alonso...

I'm going with Alonso. They had the pace last year and probably would have gotten pole and won if not for the suspension problem in Q3.
They already had good pace in the dry at Spa and as always, Ferrari will probably bring big upgrades to Monza to prop up their form in front of the Tifosi.
As far as I know their big package is planned for Singapore but maybe they bring some extra low downforce bits and pieces.
They had a low downforce rear wing for Spa, but if I'm correct only Massa raced it.

I say this time : (i voted hamilton)

Alonso - Hamilton - Kimi - Rosberg (these are the guys of top4 in alphabetic order)

The red bulls are not known for their top speed ... but ,they will be in the top 5 for sure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back