2013 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad race, even without weather of safety car shenanigans (gotta use this word more often :whistling:).

It's a shame that Räikkönen had to retire, but there was nothing he could have done. Oh well, bad luck had to strike him at some point. It was nice to see Grosjean not destroying anyone's car for a change, but his pace was disappointing. Pérez's overtake was a bit over the top, and the penalty was deserved. He had no reason at all to corner Grosjean against the kerb there.

And at last....MALDONATOR! crashes the party and ruins Di Resta's weekend. Sutil complaining to Gutierrez on the way to Eau Rouge was a cool sight. It's never a bad time to get mad at a rookie :mad:

A shame that the championship is pretty much sealed, unless Vettel starts making mistakes (unlikely) or the Red Bull breaks down a couple of races (unlikely). I hope the remaining races are fun to watch, at least.

Not a bad race really. Vettel had a fantastic run up the hill and started nailing in the laps that he needed, strong win from him.

I think too much wing on Hamilton's car cost him against Alonso, he lacked the speed even with DRS to get past him.

Sutil looked pretty fighty out on track and gave me a LOL moment as he gesticulated towards Gutierrez out of La Source.

I'm not convinced that Ferrari has the pace as some people think it had today, even if its faster it's going to be a tough ask to over hall Vettel's lead, while Vettel keeps putting no foot wrong. They really need to start further up the grid, can't rely on Alonso having to have good starts every race in the middle of the grid while every other driver is eager to pick up the scraps.

The race was quite spectacular at the start, to bad that Räikkönen had to retire, while Maldonado decided to reach a spectacular climax before the race went all silent with little to no action.

Plus I think Alonso is a serious candidate for the next Terminator movie. :roflmao:

Like last year, after summer break everyone are 50% better except Red Bull.. they are 100% better.;) Looks like Ferrari found some speed.:thumbsup: Kimi retirement.:thumbsdown: Some good moves, I hoped they will take SC after Maldonado. That wouldn't make much difference, but Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Rosberg, Webber and Grosjean in 10 laps sprint race would be great(at least fight for 2nd).:D
@Bradley: I'm not Vettel fan(not because of his driving, he's great driver), but luck doesn't have to do anything with his driving today. He stormed from lap 1, then when he got fastest lap commentators on my TV said: "WHY? Didn't you get enough?":roflmao: As much as I would like Ferrari to win titles, Vettel is right driver, at right team, at the right time. Only who can stop him(except changing rules) is Schumacher with 2004 Ferrari.:rolleyes:

Why do we need DRS on the kemmel straight? I remember hearing that from La Source to Les Combes, it's 22 seconds of full throttle. I mean surely that's a long enough distance to get a good toe from the car ahead and overtake. It was the same thing in China aswell.. having DRS on a kilometre long straight is just ludicrous.

I'm all for DRS, especially in tracks where it's difficult to overtake like the Hungaroring. But having DRS zones in mega long straight's is just stupid. I'm sure Monza will be just as bad..

This race left me with the feeling I had after China actually. A driver comfortably in control of the race is just not exciting, no matter who it is. And the championship is pretty much done and dusted. :cautious:

Where are all of the people who act like Alonso is God and that Vettel is Satan? I'm waiting for people to say that Vettel was really lucky today and that he doesn't deserve 3 championships and it is all to do with the car etc etc etc
Today Ferrari and Red Bull had the right aero package for the conditions.
If you look at the speed traps the Red Bull had 10km/h advantage just after Eau Rouge.
He was always going to get past the Mercedes with or without DRS.

The Top 5 drove as good as they could today and maximized their potential except maybe Webber who once again has mysterious clutch problems when he´s in the to-close-to-vettel zone.

The race seemed ruined for Webber before everyone was lined up for the grid.
"We were worried before the start of the race," said the Australian. "The preparation was poor. We were on the back foot. We tried our best, but we had top gear to race in clear air.
"The two practice starts we did were diabolical. The clutch was like tractor. That's where we were. It turned out to be not great. In the end, you murder the tyres trying to recover and it just snowballs. The win would have been difficult, but we had pace for the podium."
Its gone beyond a joke. How can his starts constantly be compromised? Webber continues to have some of the worst luck.

BSg1FZ3IgAA2gLm.jpg%20large.jpg

Bet you didn't see that on TV. ;)

Disclaimer: I'm neither supporting these actions nor do I endorse them at all.

Reactions: Dux
They have a point though, also funny that the CEO is a huge F1 fan.

Basically their point is that the planet is heating up, with the help of burning fossil fuels and this makes the ice melt which in turn allows Shell and other companies to go drill for more oil there which in turn burns more fossil fuel and heats it up even more.

Edit: ooh nice, text size has gone down ;) thanks.

and so it is my kid that won :) it might be a true dream if he becomes 4 Times World Champion .... like being 3 times world champion its not ... goosh :/

I'm sure Monza will be just as bad..

Don't wanna be a spoiler but if Red Bull dominated at a very fast track, they will obliterate everybody at Monza.

Not fan of the team, not fan of "blondie" but this seems to be the most likely result.

edit: Today I was praying that the mechanics forget to do something or at least a wheel nut wouldn't come off when Vettel pited. No luck.

Schuey's record is gonna be blasted unfortunately :(

i dont care about that i just hope he continues on the winning form and spirit ... i grown up with schumacher and since he lost two titles to alonso i thought he (alonso) would catch him, since he was youngest and etc, going for double... i see now thats almost IMPOSSIBLE, so, if Vettel wins 4 this year he has another 3 to catch ... which wont be that easy i assume. However i can see him beat both Senna and his (Schumi) records for pole positions in the next 3 or 4 years at most..

i dont care about that i just hope he continues on the winning form and spirit ... i grown up with schumacher and since he lost two titles to alonso i thought he (alonso) would catch him, since he was youngest and etc, going for double... i see now thats almost IMPOSSIBLE, so, if Vettel wins 4 this year he has another 3 to catch ... which wont be that easy i assume. However i can see him beat both Senna and his (Schumi) records for pole positions in the next 3 or 4 years at most..

When Michael was winning race after race I wasn't bothered, I was just happy (maybe because I was younger and stupider) but I never heard (at least I don't recall) him getting booed, except 2 times. I also think it's going to be hard for Vettel but at this rate, he'll just storm through. At the moment I can't wait for next season to see what will happen :D

We'll talk next year on this time again and see what is what. I wish just one thing - other drivers leading the race. I wanna see VET struggling a bit. He's good but it's just been too easy for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%