2013 Argentinian GP

What is the length of the track?
If it is a short track then those straight's won't be so long but I fear that is is a VERY long street track.

I can't exacly say that I like the layout of the track and the track seems to be very long too. I would like to see a track that has 50% the elements of an isolated race track and 50% the elements of a street track to make it more challenging when it comes down to balancing the setup.

So, I thought they were trying to make Formula 1 safer. But then they add more street circuits into the championship.

They might as well run Macau in 2014. It's historic, a street race, and they look wealthy enough to pay Bernie for his troubles.

Another rubbish track joining the F1 Calendar. It disgusts me that the likes of this and India are replacing brilliant circuits like Hockenheim and even Spa is being called into question.

Bernie OUT!
you realize its in INTERNATIONAL sport, this doesnt mean replacing the "classic" tracks, is just branching out...unless Bernie wants to make it European only sport, which i doubt it will ever become one.

Lets just say, its 10-15 years from now, your favorite (fictional) track that was just built a year ago becomes a very popular track, everyone loves it, and its replaced by a newer track in some other part of the world. Would you be mad at Bernie? I mean, come on, SPA is fun, but there isnt really something wrong with transitioning, even if they are classic.

I bet the people back in the day before SPA even existed (per say just pretending) found out that their track is being replaced by SPA, did they get mad? or did they just go...meh lets branch out. highly doubt they had their Ecclestone version back then but its for the good of the sport.

Old tracks get old, they get transitioned once in a while, and then get right back on the calendar. A few tracks have come gone and come back and others on their way back.

What is also missing here is that we are actually getting more European races...

SPA/Paul Richard
Nurburgring/Hockenheim

More of these rotations means more European venues.
They won´t rotate european tracks with asian or american ones.

Remember Suzuka/Fuji for example.

So instead of 20 tracks we could essentially see the F1 teams battle it out on 40 different tracks instead.

you realize its in INTERNATIONAL sport, this doesnt mean replacing the "classic" tracks, is just branching out...unless Bernie wants to make it European only sport, which i doubt it will ever become one.

I'm all for spreading F1 across the world, but what I don't understand is we have these crap street tracks with no interesting characteristics at all. It just looks forced "Oh Argentina don't have an F1 track, let's go and draw one around.....that port there"
The new tracks are terrible IMO, bar Abu Dhabi and India. Signapore, Valencia and Korea and complete rubbish and boring, and are only there for the money.
If Argentina could make a track with something completely new and different than any other track, rather than a poor Monaco rip off, then yes I am all for it.
Untill then, I will stick to my guns.

What do you mean by terrible? (that their isn't enough overtaking to entertain you?)
IMO India was deffinatly a very good track with a lot of potential since overtaking was quite spectaculair.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back