2012 World Touring Car Championship

Corvettes are amazing and Camaros are pretty good on a race track... You had the Cobalt Turbo (After the SS) with it's differential which was quite good aswell...

I'm still hoping for a road going version of the WTCC Cruze, 300hp and the race car body kit, better suspensions, brakes, steering, etc... :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97237

AutoSport said:
The World Touring Car Championship has amended its 2012 calendar, dropping Argentina's provisional round, scheduled for July 8, and replacing it with an event in Europe on April 29.
Lengthier than anticipated negotiations with a regional government are understood to have contributed to the decision.
A WTCC spokesman told AUTOSPORT that the series remains willing to visit Argentina in 2013.
Half of the events on the 12-round 2012 WTCC calendar will now be held in Europe.

I'm hoping they'll choose a race more to the north of Europe.
Currently the Austrian race is the most northern race, which is pretty weird I think.

I'm hoping for Zandvoort, Hockenheim, Nürburgring, Spa or Zolder. or maybe some British club circuit like Oulton Park.

I would like to see it somewhere in Scandinavia, Netherlands or UK. I coulnt make it to Donington last season, and even less likely to this year unless they do schedule one closer.

Corvettes are amazing and Camaros are pretty good on a race track... You had the Cobalt Turbo (After the SS) with it's differential which was quite good aswell...

I'm still hoping for a road going version of the WTCC Cruze, 300hp and the race car body kit, better suspensions, brakes, steering, etc... :)

That'd be awesome, I'd also really like to see a 4wd ford fiesta, with some kind of sports package. Not intending to start a ford vs chevy battle, just seems odd to me that there's not one. You can't even get a 3 door fiesta in the states :(

Corvettes and Camaros are real USA made Chevrolets. The Cruze is build on the same platform as the Opel Astra and the engine is developed by RML.

The touring car versions of the Chevrolet have their origins in the Far East: Daewoo :)

An event at the modern Slovakia Ring on April 29 will replace the WTCC Race of Argentina that was due to happen in Córdoba on 8 July.

“We have been forced to make this change because of the delays in defining the details of the agreement with the local Government. Time went by and we could not go further and take the risk of a last minute cancellation. However, Argentina remains a key market for us and we are determined to try again for 2013,” explained WTCC promoter Marcello Lotti.

Gustavo Santos president of the Agencia Córdoba Turismo commented: “We feel very sorry not to be able to secure the WTCC event at the Autódromo Oscar Cabalén for 2012. However, we still have a keen interest in the project and wehope to carry it out in the next future.”

Close to Bratislava, Slovak Republic’s capital city, the Slovakia Ring was inaugurated in 2009. “We are pleased with the opportunity to bring WTCC to the Slovak Republic for the first time. The Slovakia Ring is a demanding track with modern facilities and is only 170 kilometres away from the Hungaroring where we race the following week,” Lotti said.

Tomáš Vranka executive director of Slovakia Ring added: “We are very proud to host the WTCC, one of the few motorsport world championships. It is a great opportunity for our racetrack to be introduced to the international racing community and I am confident that Slovak fans will attend numerously.”

Source

Yeah why come to Zandvoort, Oschersleben, Brands Hatch, Donington or another western european venue when you can race the legendary Slovakiaring.

Not sure what political games are played at the KSO but its becoming a bit ridiculous.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.