2012 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This race will be weird I predict lol.
1) vettel strategy, will he continue to struggle with the softer tyre?
2) is it going to rain?
3) what happens t1 between the McLarens!

this was me when I woke up this morning to the happy results :cool:

• Mclaren 1 - 2 great session
  • Schumacer on 3rd...not a bad effort from the old man
  • Sad Iceman's position is dropped by 5..darn rules.
  • Webber out Q Vettel....lol.
  • Vettel complaining of an "undrivable" car in P3 unless sources are wrong.
  • Good effort by Alonso and Perez
  • whats this fire on the Lotus garage or kitchen? conspiracy?
  • Vettels Hard tyres dont mean much unless it rains earlier than usual during race.
  • even with the Medium compounds he still wouldnt have been up the front row
  • Remember thos saying Melbourne is an "unconventional track and wait for Sepang", well sirs, there is your answer.
  • Mclaren at the end of Q3 went up to Newey and said "u just gotz burrrrrrrrrrnnned son"
*toasts* here is to a great race with no rain (if possible) ;)

*edit* I agree with McLaren letting each other fight, is early enough in the season there are no reasons to favor one from the other. Unless this was the last 4 races of the season and 1 of them had a better mathematical chance of winning the WC then I can understand some team orders, like there always were in F1. Thats how Kimi lost the WC in 05, if only Ron Dennis would of told JPM to let Kimmi pass there would have been a better chance for him to win the WC because yo had Japan and China after Brazil.
But for not Mclaren lets keep it that way and never ever EVER tell your drivers "to maintain the gap".

I think McLarens are free to race so that's why Hamilton was so unhappy last week. I think he was expecting Jenson to let him not to pull away.
Wut?

They are free to race, whoever is in front when they cross the finish line was the better man that time.
They have a history of racing extremely hard but fair with each other.

Hamilton was unhappy because he took pole but turned it into a third place. Anyone who would be happy at that moment would be an idiot frankly. Or possibly retarded.

I am predicting a monsoon and a win for Schumacher. Actually he will win all remaining races of the season and add his 8th WDC! Really!
Wouldn't that be awesome eh? Rain has been threatening all weekend but really hasn't been that big of a problem except for the beginning of FP3. I'm praying it rains for the race that would make it even more exciting and save a lot of teams from dealing with tyre degradation problems.

If it rains tommorow, i put money on Schumacher taking win 92 because he won't have degredation problems, and we all know what that guy is like driving in the wet.

In the dry i expect to see my man Schumi on the podium if he can avoid any damage, maybe even challenege the McLaren's in the first stint.

If it rains tommorow, i put money on Schumacher taking win 92 because he won't have degredation problems, and we all know what that guy is like driving in the wet.

In the dry i expect to see my man Schumi on the podium if he can avoid any damage, maybe even challenege the McLaren's in the first stint.
Button may also be up there, but yes i root for a schumi rain win.

Hammi had a pretty decent lock up in the last corner on his pole lap,so im wondering how blistered his front left is...as well as the condition of his other 3 tires...i think Merc had to clip their Qpace a little this wknd to address their race pace,so it'll be an interesting first corner tommorow...i predict Shumacher to finish 2nd as long as the tyre issue has been sorted(which i doubt),if not i expect Kimi to challenge massivley for the poduim(2nd or 3rd) and if Hamilton can last in 1st till pit stop he could possibly win the race,but i say either Jenson,Vettel or Webber

Good luck All

edit: forgot Raikko has a 5grid penalty..bummer,nevertheless i still expect him to be super fast
I must say Raikkonen hasnt skipped a frikkin beat man,guy is a solid F1 driver

Qualifying in Pictures, Enjoy!

merc-schu-sepa-2012-21-886x590.jpg

redb-vett-sepa-2012-2-590x886.jpg

mcla-hami-sepa-2012-6-886x590.jpg
roro-verg-sepa-2012-2-886x590.jpg

Prediction for race: 1. BUT
2.RAI​
3.HAM​
4.MSC​
5.VET​
Well at least i hope that Button and Kimi get a podium finish, also Shumacher but i don't think he's gonna be able to fight off Vettel and Hamilton (better cars IMO ).

Kimi is going to need a mighty fine effort to podium. If I am not mistaken he's going to need to take a 5 spot grid penalty for having to change his gear box. My prediction for the podium:

1) Button (just better on the tires than Hamilton)
2) Hamilton
3) Vettel

I see Webber blowing his start ... again and until proven wrong something tells me Mercedes race pace won't be good enough to podium so the elder German (Schumacher) will be hard pressed again? Of course what do I know. My crystal ball was made in China and it is beginning to ooze this slimy sludge, likely some interesting chemicals only the Chinese like to build their children's toys with. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 147 65.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 102 45.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 105 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back