2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, any update about Maldonado if he will get a penalty?

What Ive seen in the replays looks Maldonado went straigh to Hamiltons car, u can judge by looking at the wheels. What a dirty racer

Maldonado couldn't even stay on the track. If he would've done that the crash would've happened 1second earlier with Hamilton driving into Maldonado.

Because Hamilton is allowed to force him off once Maldonado had made the move and he didnt get all the way past before the apex. Lets go back to when Pastor did the same thing to Kimi. He pushed him all the way off like Hamilton did to him. Did Pastor leave room? No. So lets apply the same thing here eh?

watch carefully as Karun analysis is correct.

Maldonados wheels are off, Ham has the inside line wtih barely 1 wheel off the white line,

at the breaking point Lewis is entiteld to defend his position, his braking was just about right, Maldonado trying to pass him should have:

1. braked slighty earlier b4 the turn since he has better traction

2. or once he gone off 4 wheels off track, not run straight into Lewis, but just cut behind him thus saving him the points or perhaps a podium.

this are professionals, they do make mistakes as they are human beings, sometimes callign the wrong judgements, but at no point, knowing Lewis, should he just gone straight into him thinking that Lewis was going to yield.

Because both Hamilton and Maldonado are idiots. And that's just my opinion.
Hamilton is a great driver, has great skill. He's just mediocre and reckless when an opponent is in sight. We've seen that many times. It's like he can't keep his cool.

Maldonado is a reckless driver in general and when an opponent is in sight he turns on kamikaze mode.

4) Vettel and Grosjean Retirements

Vettel rarely has bad luck, but when he does, it is usually when he is leading. (Bahrain 2010, Australia 2010, Korea 2010, Abu Dhabi 2011). Grosjean also has had too much bad luck. I feel that Grosjean deserves to be involved in the Championship Title Fight but it hasn't worked out for him.

[sarcasm]
Bernie wants to engineer the races for maximum entertainment value. Bernie was never going to let Vettel win this race. In order to maximize the payback to the Spanish organizers for putting money into Bernie's pocket, there was only going to be one driver Bernie would allow to win this race. The home town Spaniard. So once Alonso fought his way into P2, Bernie ordered Charlie to shutdown Vettel's car. But wait a second. Grosjean might be a threat to pass the Spaniard late in the race. So Bernie ordered Charlie to shutdown Romain's car. Now Hamilton was not looking like he would be a threat to Fernando late in the race. But just to be safe, Bernie ordered Maldonado's brain to be shutdown, causing the Venezualian to take the Brit out. Mission accomplished. Of course the next two races are in the UK and in Germany. More opportunities for Bernie to engineer an entertaining winner. Will Bernie make it up to Hamilton and Vettel in their respective home races, or does Bernie need to pay back Grojean for sabotaging his car today. You got to give him credit, the races have been entertaining this season. :whistling:
[/sarcasm]

Maldonado DOES touch the kerb and he steers clearly to the left. Hamilton doesn't leave any space,

Ah well, the two dirtiest drivers take each other out.
1: Hamilton can not see Maldanado at this point in his mirrors (he's off the track)
2: Hamilton had the racing line
3: Maldanado was completely of the track, as Karun said he should have turned left
4: with Maldanado's experienceo n circuit he knows full well you don't get grip on the kerbs.

Conclusion: Maldanado's fault, he clearly could have cut the corner and they both would have been fine, secondly i think he's quite inpatient.

What a marvelous piece of driving from Alonso. Great Job from him and Ferrari.
Massa wasn't tthat bad either until Kobayashi hit him (who get a 5place grid penalty for the next GP) and he got the puncture. From this on the race was over and I'm sure his car didn't handle particualry well.

Bad day for Vettel and Grosjean but it's not for nothing called "to finish first, you have to finish first"

I'm feeling also sorry for Kovalainen. He had a great weekend so far until Vergne hit him.
Petrov vs. the other Torro Rosso war a racing incedent imo.

The incident between Hamilton and Maldonado was imo clearly Maldonados fault. He was off the track with all 4 wheel, then hit the curb, couldn't steer anymore and ran straight into Hamilton. I can absolutly understand why Hamilton was so furious.
But I think Lewis should also ask himself if it was clever for a championchip contender (especially when another one is already out of the race) to fight with completly worn out tires against a clearly faster Maldonado.

I'm glad for Schumi that he finally had some luck today. He deserved this podium after all that **** that happenmd to him. Although we should wait what happens whit the DRS and the yellow flag. The BBC showed clear pictures that Schumi had DRS open at the beginning of the yellow flag zone (he closed it a few hundert meters later). But this isn't against the rules as long as MGP can prove that he than slower as the laps before.

Maldonado needs to be banned from the next race in my opinion. He knew he was going to bounce off Hamilton in that corner, and t-boned him off the track. The fact Maldonado still got a point from this race (as it stands) is scandalous. It's not the first time for pastor. Twice in the last year he's used his car as a weapon against other people. He clearly doesn't have the intellect or attitude to be in f1. I was saying this last year, and I repeat it now. The fact he's won a race changes nothing in my view

Why is it always Grid Penalties for incidents ? It seems like a driver can hit off a driver in all of the rounds and all that will happen is a grid penalty.

Maldonado has caused many incidents, including some where he has purposely hit a driver, however there is no build up of incidents. If a driver causes multiple incidents during a season, the driver should recieve a much harsher penalty such as a race ban or a removal of license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 166 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.8%