2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's a rule against opening DRS under yellow, but you do need to go slow through the area with yellows, which is what Schumi did.
Nothing says you can't use DRS under yellow as long as you don't overtake and you slow down. The guys on Sky F1 saw Schumi open his DRS and they didn't say anything about it being illegal.

Either way I'd like to point out Webber couldn't pass Schumacher anyways because there were yellow flags, so what does DRS have to do with this. No matter how slow Schumi was Webber would have to wait.

Yes, for in the incident was Maldonado fault, he is going off track and then hitting Hamilton, but Lewis knows him well and when a few corners before he defend hard on Maldonado move, I was really expecting that things would ended the way they did.

Resuming it, Maldonado fault on the incident, but Hamilton fault for putting himself on that position. With Vettel out and Alonso winning, he should minimize the damage and go for the 4th place. Still many races to go and those points instead of none, would be great.

Well that's all sense but none of us are F1 drivers so no one can really comment on happens out there in their minds but going off what we do know is that Hamilton was right to do what he did no matter what way the championship is going or what happened beforehand. At that moment Hamilton was defending from another overtake which he did till he got taken out.

Just to make it clear, drivers are not forced to go back to pits after the race, just provide 1L of fuel.

So what Alonso did is perfectly legal. Won't be legal in Q because there you have to go back to pits.

I'm so sorry :D

And talking avout Hamilton victim, where is the yellow flags penalty :rolleyes:

If they balance the penalties one day, Hamilton won't be allowed to race in 3 years to compensate, so stop crying ;)
But I think the car has to be weighted whether the car was legal.

Nothing says you can't use DRS under yellow as long as you don't overtake and you slow down. The guys on Sky F1 saw Schumi open his DRS and they didn't say anything about it being illegal.

Either way I'd like to point out Webber couldn't pass Schumacher anyways because there were yellow flags, so what does DRS have to do with this. No matter how slow Schumi was Webber would have to wait.
I pointed it out cause all the situations when people continued to use DRS they were penalised and i can't be specific as it was last year. But if its yellow and you are meant to be slowing down i just don't think you would use DRS. But he had backed off a lot and same with Webber so nothing will probably come out of it to be honest.

Just to make it clear, drivers are not forced to go back to pits after the race, just provide 1L of fuel.

So what Alonso did is perfectly legal. Won't be legal in Q because there you have to go back to pits.

I'm so sorry :D

And talking avout Hamilton victim, where is the yellow flags penalty :rolleyes:

If they balance the penalties one day, Hamilton won't be allowed to race in 3 years to compensate, so stop crying ;)

Nor he got penalty by the "biased FIA" for holding up Rosberg on Q, but this is quickly forgotten in the shadow of the MEAN Ferrari/Alonso celebration :roflmao:

F1Times twitterde op zondag 24-06-2012 om 16:28:26
tf1tlogo_normal.jpeg
Brawn is sure Schumacher won't be penalised as he deactivated DRS 30 meters before the yellow flag zone. #F1

On days when I believe Hamilton caused a crash (there have been plenty of them in the past), I will lame blame on the Brit. But today is not one of those days. Lewis did nothing wrong today with this incident. Hamilton has every right to defend his position late in the race. It was Maldonado who showed poor judgment. There were going to be several other better opportunities for Maldonado to try and pass with Hamilton's tires going off and still a couple of laps left in the race. Maldonado needs to learn to be more patient out there.

My opinion about Hamilton vs Maldonado:
Hamilton was on the losing side. His tyres were worn. Maldonado was first at the turn, then Hamilton pushes him off the track.. Maldonado comes back next to Hamilton. Steers fully to the left, but the kerb pushes him to the right. Hamilton acts like Maldonado doesn't exist and doesn't leave any space. And there's the crash..

Hamilton acts often like his opponents don't exist, but usually the opponents hold back. Maldonado doesn't hold back and Hamilton should've known that..

1) Did Alonso have a good race ?

Yes, many good overtakes however he didn't deserve better than 3rd. Vettel retired when ahead and Hamilton had a slow pitstop which gave the position to Alonso. Grosjean and Kobayashi could also have had chances of being ahead of Alonso.

2) Senna vs Kobayashi

I believe it is Senna's fault. Kobayashi got a much better run out of the previous corner and was clearly looking for the gap. Senna was looking for a slipstream from the Lotus infront and cut across the front of Kobayashi. Koabyashi did back off however it was too late. A drive-through was a reasonable penalty.

3) Vergne vs Kovalainen

Vergne did not look in his mirrors or did not look in his mirrors clearly. He wasn't far enough ahead of Kovalainen and the sudden movement was a ridiculous piece of driving. A 10 place grid penalty should be given.

4) Vettel and Grosjean Retirements

Vettel rarely has bad luck, but when he does, it is usually when he is leading. (Bahrain 2010, Australia 2010, Korea 2010, Abu Dhabi 2011). Grosjean also has had too much bad luck. I feel that Grosjean deserves to be involved in the Championship Title Fight but it hasn't worked out for him.

5) Hamilton Poor Pitstop

Not a Mclaren Error, just a mechanical error. This ruined his chance of a victory as he would of been ahead of Alonso and he could of been more careful with his tyres instead of having to overtake during the race which was the reason why Maldonado caught up.

6) Maldonado vs Hamilton

Please FIA, remove Pastor's super license. Hamilton defended fairly. Maldonado was off the track and decided to rejoin into the side of Hamilton. There was plenty of space to the left for him to drive into and he would of overtaken Hamilton later in the lap if he had. The run-off there was made for many reasons, one of which was to allow drivers to go across the track if they made a mistake or if they failed an overtake. I also think Maldonado's words about the incident show that he is very clueless and dosen't know what is and isn't expected from a driver when racing with another driver.

"He tried to put me off of the track and he didn't give me any room. I jumped over the kerb and couldn't avoid the accident. I don't know why he was driving like that. He tried a very aggressive movement on me."

During this race and in his F1 Career, he has been forcing many people off the track. For example, he forced Webber off the track at the final corner causing Webber to lose 3 positions. Maldonado should of stayed to the inside at the exit and he still could of overtaken Webber.

He has also purposely hit Hamilton and Perez and with all of this put together, he deserves his super license removed. It is a realistic penalty. I remember Yuji Ide had his super license removed a few years ago.

Sky F1 Analysis

If this video does get taken off, Karun mentioned in his previous F1 experience that if the middle of the car gets on the kerb, then you lose a lot of front end grip, which is what happened to Maldonado. He applied almost full lock very early, but the car just didn't turn. Karun also said that the best choice Maldonado should have made was to cut the chicane and rejoin behind Hamilton, and get him later on.

I still believe that while Hamilton forced Maldonado off the track, it was Maldonado's boneheaded decision to try and go wheel to wheel with him (from off the track no less).

Maldonado DOES touch the kerb and he steers clearly to the left. Hamilton doesn't leave any space,

Ah well, the two dirtiest drivers take each other out.

The kerb's i'm talking about is the sleeping policemen which is the ones he doesnt touch... It doesnt matter Hamilton was on the track. Pastor wasnt. Hamilton doesnt have to leave nothing for him once hes gone off.

The kerb's i'm talking about is the sleeping policemen which is the ones he doesnt touch... It doesnt matter Hamilton was on the track. Pastor wasnt. Hamilton doesnt have to leave nothing for him once hes gone off.
Maldonado couldn't even stay on the track. If he would've done that the crash would've happened 1second earlier with Hamilton driving into Maldonado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 479 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.0%
Back