2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
This race reminded me a lot of last year's German GP. Hamilton wins the race while Button is struggling like hell... P16 (and lapped) in the end :confused:
Kind of funny that McLaren's decision to draw out the last stop screwed over RB and Ferrari. They got greedy and went all in for the win. So basically McLaren helped Hamilton's championship chances by forcing his opponents into a mistake. Risky, brilliant, but probably not on purpose :geek:

So after 7 who could be 8 in Valencia???
But i think it will be a Repeated Winner
I think it will be again one of the top three teams: Ferrari, McLaren and RB.
So if it's not Massa, which would be unlikely but I would really apreciate it, it will be a repeted winner.

I think for the rest of the seasons most of the time the win will be fought between the those teams. They have the drivers, the ressources and the constance.
Behind them will be the fight between Lotus and MGP and maybe Sauber.
But the gap between those group ot teams will be quite small, so if one guy screws up he will quickly end up outside the points just like Button.
At least that is my prediction for the season :D

Ladies and Gentlemen, for the next 2-5 minutes i will be your hoster bringing you the memories of the 2012 Montreal Grand Prix.

Sit back & scroll through the screenshots - Enjoy and we're see you next time around!

plugin-container2012-06-1019-04-35-84.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-04-55-99.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-06-31-44.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-08-01-37.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-21-09-21.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-23-54-21.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-24-59-51.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-26-20-29.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-28-58-37.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-31-07-57.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-34-32-37.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-34-56-81.png

plugin-container2012-06-1019-38-49-81.png

But they never really had enough to do it. I'm am not saying that they aren't fast, but it seems to me that they just can't keep the pressure on over the whole race and really fight for a win.

What a race!!! What where ferrari thinking, they not only could have had Alonso on podium, but Massa could have had way more points from this race. So well done for winning.

BTW the next poll should be "What will be the reason for Schumi retirement in the race?" (sarcasm). I just don't understand how much bad luck can you have?

Oh, of course Hamilton 1st. Team didn't screw up and theres your result. Faultless race (congratulations):thumbsup: ...On the other hand Button following Schumi's footsteps today (and for the last few races) - only 16th he doesn't deserve that I think.

Also great to see Perez proving himself and Grosjean getting some salvation after Monaco and leaving Raikkonen in a his shadow althought Kimi finished in a decent 8th.

Canada didn't disapoint (again). Shame that the next race is in Valencia thought...

Great race! I have to admit that I was jumping like a madman when Alonso came out in first after the first set of stops, but this was Hamiltons race to lose as he clearly had the best car.

Buttons season just sees no improvement. David Hobbs said it quite well on the pre-race show, it appears 'he's lost the plot'. Just cannot get the car to his liking while his teammate is out winning races.

Ferrari does appear to finally have a grasp on the F2012. Shame about Alonso leading the race with 10 laps to go to and ending up 5th. Massa was set to have another good finish as well, but that spin early in the race took away any chances of a top 5. He did manage to salvage one point though, so not all was lost. I was very surprised that they didn't make a second stop for Alonso and went for the win, as I was expecting the conservative approach from Ferrari. Surely they must regret it now, but I would've done the same myself.

Overall, just another great race! 7 different winners in 7 races is a remarkable feat, and with 3 points separating the top 3 in the championship, this is going to be an awesome fight for the championship.

Edit: And it was great to see Perez on the podium again. Go Checo!

You gotta love this season because so much comes down to the driver's ability on track, and his ability to sync up with his engineer through practice. Hamilton has been able to get his McLaren working and Button hasn't. Same exact car though. Same for most of the season with Massa and Alonso. And look at Vettel, he gave RBR a chance for a win today when their car wasn't the best.

And when it's all said and done, just look at the championship fight. Who were thought to be the best 3 in the world going into the season are ranked 1, 2, and 3. Amazing. So fun to watch the actual driver skill come into play in modern F1!!!

You gotta love this season because so much comes down to the driver's ability on track, and his ability to sync up with his engineer through practice. Hamilton has been able to get his McLaren working and Button hasn't. Same exact car though. Same for most of the season with Massa and Alonso. And look at Vettel, he gave RBR a chance for a win today when their car wasn't the best.

And when it's all said and done, just look at the championship fight. Who were thought to be the best 3 in the world going into the season are ranked 1, 2, and 3. Amazing. So fun to watch the actual driver skill come into play in modern F1!!!

Driver skills? It's a season where setuping your car matters a lot. That's why Button doesn't have the pace at the last few races. If you get your setup right - you're at the top. Why do you think we're having so many winners? 7 races with 7 different winners, it's strange, don't you think? I mean.. c'mon.. Maldonado? Even Maldonado? Setup is the key this season. As for Massa - it's a whole different story there. It's very sad everyone considers him as a bad racing driver. How fast everyone forgot he beat Kimi (I'm a fan of Kimi btw) at 2008 and was ahead of him before the crash @ Hungary @ 2009. Anyways, we're getting off topic here.. and we shouldn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back