2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The atmosphere here in canada is somewhat disappointing, people were leavIng as they saw the top 3 results. Not a lot of rb fans i tell you. Most of my section nearby the paddock are mclaren fans. Oh well, cant do much on this phone but il upload pics after sunday.

Hamilton and Alonso better team up if they wanna take out vettel from staying 1st. Track fits RB.
Not a surprise he is 1st, t his year the gap is juat close but u cant deny he was -100s lap after lap so good job of him even tho i have a feeling he'll be in the pressure pf lewis and fernando.
I thought you said this track suits for Mercedes and Mclaren rather than RBR
Edit: My bad it wasn't you Lopez it was Markus Newman
And also lot of people thought that Mercedes will go for 1-2 with Mclaren behind them or LH in P1 but SEB did brilliant job and got p1 in a track which doesn't fit for Redbull Machinery

So the finger is once again on pole... i will boycott Red Bull from here on :)

No but seriously, the Red Bull seems to have some of it´s problems solved and can now show that it is a good car deep down, much like the Ferrari.

I think for Hamilton to win this one he would have to get a better start then Vettel and take him into T1 otherwise he will bugger off, create that gap and then Alonso would be like a dog with rabies behind Hamilton.

btw, it was pretty funny hearing Vettel´s engineer saying "...and finger" :)

Here are the sector times,
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2012/870/7142/best_sector_times.html

Alonso topping S1, Vettel 1 tenth away from him with 2nd, Hamilton down in 7th with 2 tenths down on Alonso.

Hamilton topping S2, Vettel only 0.030s behind, And Alonso pretty much 0.070s behind Vettel.

Vettel topping S3, 0.050s further down we see Alonso in 3rd, and a further 0.090s we see Hamilton in fourth.

One mistake and you might be starting tenth in Formula 1 nowadays :)

Also interesting to see the top speeds,

HAM - 322.2km/h (8th)
ALO - 320km/h (16th)
VET - 316km/h (23rd)

Mercedes was second lowest, only beaten by RBR in slowest top speeds.

A little prediction of mine:

If someone is challenging Vettel throughout the race, such as Hamilton or Alonso, I think he will crash at the Wall of Champions. He pushes his car and himself to the limit in the chicane and if he is under pressure, I predict he will make a mistake.

Oh oh, Red Bull are starting to do really well again. I hope something exciting happens in the race because I don't want another slew of boring races where Red Bull wins everything like last year.

I'm really hoping that Schumi can pull off a podium here somehow to offset all the bad luck he's been having. It seems Romain Grosjean hates him since they've had contact twice this season :p

oh my god is freaking hot HERE ! ....and to think canada as of a "ice" country hahahaha.

Anyways, Webber drove what the RB8 is capable of, Sebastian just pulled something out of his hat, but, the field is a lot closer, is just driver skill.

What kills me is, that in Monaco, they did have chance of rain, why did he get up there and Qualify? I know they were saving tyres, but they only used 2 :/
....just saying, he has in him, but did he loose his confidece? or did he go for pole, knowing that its a far easier track and less risk?

here's some interesting stuff about this weekend.

Enjoy.

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve says he has received death threats after telling protesting students to "stop loafing about"

A little stat from quali; HRT's 3rd & 4th quickest in the speed trap KAR 324kph DLR 323.7kph VET & WEB slowest on 316kph

Lotus Practicing Pit Stops
scaled.php

Does Maldonado eat gearboxes? Another 5 grid-place drop for him today #F1

Paul Di Resta says
Race day, going to be a hot one. Lots of fans arriving at the track already, this place is one big party for the GP weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%