2012 Formula One Australian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It never crossed your mind why there´s only a dot in the message. Seeing as you can´t delete your own topics here?
dot = nevermind.

Then there´s the question of what is useless seeing as you have made a considerable amount of threads about topics already discussed in several other threads.
maybe i have missed them or the news deserves it's own thread, since it could be big news and very interesting to the community.

having 6 discussions going on about different news topics in one thread doesn't help.

anyways.... im glad my help is appreciated.

Hello guys, and welcome back we are in for a treat this season, stepped noses, 6 world champions and a few new guys on the GRID, will Williams Regain their reputation and take that step forward? Caterham looks to be heading to the midfield group, will that happen in the first race?

The Ferrari's are struggling, it does not look promising for them, will they be in the midfield this first part of the season or can they just hold it to be amongst the top teams?

Hamilton's had he's worst year in Formula 1, is it all over for him or will he's bad streak continue this season?

There's one thing we all know, only time will tell as we head into the First Grand Prix of the season, it's the spectacular place called Melbourne, Friday Morning we will all start to see the bigger picture of everyone on the GRID.

It's Story Time! - Half of the Story's will be covered here, click the source link for the full story.

Red Bull ready to deliver in Melbourne
Home favourite Mark Webber says he 'can't wait to get started' when he returns to action at next weekend's Australian Grand Prix.
13619.2.jpg

"This will be my eleventh Australian GP and I can't wait to get started," said Webber. "The Grand Prix is one of the best sporting events that we have in Australia. It's great to see the support and Australian flags in the crowd.

I've incorporated more of an Australian theme into my helmet, which I'll be using for the whole year, not just in Australia."
Webber has never triumphed before on home soil but after a solid build-up from his Red Bull Racing team in pre-season testing, the Australian is in a confident frame of mind.

source
Hamilton targeting points in Melbourne
Lewis Hamilton says he is not thinking about starting the season with a race win but merely getting points on the board to kick-start a long 2012 season.
13644.2.jpg

Lewis Hamilton is keeping cool about his chances of victory

"It's a realistic aim: to score some useful points and use the race to kickstart our challenge for the world championship," said Hamilton. "That might sound like we're aiming low - we're not - but, at this time of year, it's good to remember that it's going to be a very long season.

There's no point putting all your eggs in one basket - I'd love to win in Melbourne, sure, but there are 19 races afterwards, so it'll be important to get some points on the board. As long as I can leave Australia feeling confident that we have a car that's able to fight for the title, then I'll feel happy. It's as simple as that."

source

Ecclestone: Kubica would have replaced Massa

If not for Robert Kubica’s predicament, Felipe Massa would have lost his Ferrari seat by now.
That is the view of F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.
He told Austria’s Der Spiegel that Kubica, still recovering from horror injuries sustained in a rally crash in February last year, would have replace the struggling Brazilian Massa.

“I think, for them (Ferrari), it’s a question of alternatives,”
said Ecclestone.
“Who, of those available to them, are better than Massa?

source

Sauber anticipating 'special' season
Peter-Sauber_2681897.jpg

Peter Sauber says this could be the season that his team closes that gap to Formula One's front runners.
Although no one has a true picture of what the pecking order is in the wake of pre-season testing, the general consensus is that no one has run away with it and that the field is closer than ever before.
This is a sentiment echoed by Sauber, who reckons his team, which finished seventh last season with 44 points, has a good chance of becoming a regular in the top ten.

"This coming season is the 20th for the Sauber F1 Team," said Sauber. "Having said this, you might expect that the first race of a season would be routine by now.
"But this is by no means the case. I even have the feeling that this year the excitement is special.

source

Fernandes: Time to step up
Heikki-Kovalainen_2716493.jpg

Tony Fernandes says it is time for his Caterham team to leave "no-mans-land" and join Formula One's midfield battle.
Last season saw Caterham, racing under the Lotus banner, leave their fellow newcomers, Marussia and HRT, behind and flirt with those at the back of the midfield. The team once again finished the season without their first World Championship point.
This year, though, Fernandes reckons it is time for his outfit to do more than just play on the fringes of the midfield.

"Melbourne 2012 is a very important race for us and one I am possibly more excited about than any race we have participated in our two short years in F1," the Caterham team principal said.
"We shed the new team tag at the start of 2011, but for most of last season we were racing in what felt like no-mans-land. We were comfortably ahead of the two teams that made their debuts at the same time as us in 2010, and for a large part of last year we were what felt like inches away from the teams just ahead.

source

Im glad my spring break vacation stars the night before Practice 1.

Honestly as much as im inclined into Webber winning for Red Bull, I hope the other teams have something to fight back with.
I hope the Iceman can get a podium, I miss the talent he had, and his attitude was "meh, just another day, another track" lets just hope he isnt hunted down with Car failures like he was in 03, 04 and 05.

Few days left to go and for the first time in years i am actually really looking forward to the season. I am so curious who will come out on top Sunday.

Any predictions? Who do you guys think will win the race?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back