2012 Ferrari F12

Can someone explain why they have the massive microphone thing on top of the T? (I know it must be for testing since we don't see them anywhere else, but I'm still curious).

OT: It looks like everyone is spinning the same story: "We have some secret that everyone else doesn't". It's nice to see them playing mind games but we will see at Melbourne who has the secret and who doesn't.

Can someone explain why they have the massive microphone thing on top of the T? (I know it must be for testing since we don't see them anywhere else, but I'm still curious).

OT: It looks like everyone is spinning the same story: "We have some secret that everyone else doesn't". It's nice to see them playing mind games but we will see at Melbourne who has the secret and who doesn't.

Microphone? You mean the big black stucture in the top of engine air intake? It houses the advanced telemetry package, don't know what is in there but no doubt a stronger antenna (for better signal quality and possibly for larger bandwidth) plus what looks like air speed indicators that's located in the free undisturbed airspace. There could be microphones but not to record audio, a moving membrane that registers rapid pressure changes is techincally a microphone ;) Signal quality in the first tests is so much more important; they don't want to miss a single bit of data. I have no facts to back me up, just speculations, i'm sure some of the information gurus here can find additional info..

The black blade is what Kennett is on to. And like Knut says it´s probably a pitot tube on it.

-

Ferrari nose don´t look that bad compared to the Mercs :p
dms1221fe103.jpg

Someone forgot to tell Schumi it wasn´t raining ;)

Will we see drastic changes to the car before the start of the Melbourne race, me i certainly do hope so:), and how much it will change be the end of the season.

Oh i like the innovation of the F1 designers, what a blast to be in the era at this time:cool:

Yea we can expect different cars in the first race :) Especially wings which are rather easy to copy even though they actually have to work with the rest of the car.

Button said they have something coming that was not just about bolting on downforce but much bigger then that.

I agree, it´s a fantastic time to be in F1 and my hat goes of to Adrian Newey, once again he showed that he is indeed one of the greatest minds in the history of F1.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back