2012 DTM Season

dtm12022701.jpg

Single seater drivers Robert Wickens and Roberto Merhi have been pointed out to be the top candidates for two of the remaining seats at Mercedes in the 2012 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters.

Wickens, who won the Formula Renault 3.5 series last year, was according to The Globe and Mail on his way to GP2 this year with Carlin, the team he claimed the Formula Renault title with. But as Carlin confirmed Max Chilton and Rio Haryanto for GP2 this year, the Wickens is reported to be set for Mercedes and DTM.

Spaniard Merhi won the Formula 3 Euro Series in 2011 and got to test the new Mercedes C-Coupé DTM as prize for his title earlier this year.

Source: TouringCarTimes

dtm12022901.jpg

David Coulthard is going to continue for Mercedes in the 2012 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters.
"In 2012, the DTM enters a new era. New cars, new technical regulations and a third manufacturer [BMW] promise to make the championship more exciting than ever before. That's why I'm looking forward even more to my third year with Mercedes-Benz in this highly competitive championship," said Coulthard.

The Mercedes driver starts his third straight DTM season this year, after finishing 16th in the championship last year.
"In the past two years, I've had to learn a lot about the engineering, the driving technique and about DTM racing in general. I know my team well now and, after 15 years as a member of the Mercedes-Benz family, I feel really at home. In 2012, I want to continue my progress and post some respectable results," said Coulthard.

The Scot has got a first taste of the new Mercedes AMG C -Coupé DTM and is positive.
"My first impressions of our DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé are very positive - especially the paddle shift on the steering wheel, which I know very well from my time in Formula 1," said Coulthard.

Source: TouringCarTimes

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back