2012 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Shumacher said he would remain on Mercedes as it was not satisfied with his season and the car they have prepared for next year will be better.

For Grosjean, several teams are on the spot, which the better, Williams. But nothing is done and most likely is that it replaces Trulli. No chance to see him at Renault.

Yes but he is her manager.

In fact, if Kubica doesn't come back, he can remplace Heidfeld. Else, Williams would like remplace Barrichelo by Grosjean (remember Williams want a Renault engine too).
In the latest news is unlikely to replace Trulli finally (Contrary to what I thought earlier :p)

But the negotiations have just started it's too early to be sure ;)

he only got half a season, and with alonso as team mate it might not be fair.

I think if he can start a season with a team then work hes way up it might work because he is by far the number 1 driver outside F1 at the moment.

I was going to write a long post (I did) but it looks like no major changes for 2012. Only changes for 2012 is with virgin's and hrt's seats.2013 is a whole different matter and there are so many possibilities there.

Loitering?
A bit harsh don't you think?
If I was Massa I wouldn't be 100% motivated if every time I was ahead of my team mate, I got told to move over and was constantly "strategically used" to benefit my team mate.

Ferrari is 100% behind Alonso, it's going to play on Massa's confidence.

Haha, Massa going back to Sauber. Good old times.

Red Bull: Probably unchanged.
McLaren: Unchanged.
Ferrari: Alonso, I hope Raikkonen. But in reality, Rosberg.
Mercedes: Schumacher, Di Resta.

And for the others.. I really don't care. I'm just curious how Kobayashi will end up. I hope he gets a deal in one of the better cars in front.

Haha, Massa going back to Sauber. Good old times.
Ferrari: Alonso, I hope Raikkonen. But in reality, Rosberg.
Mercedes: Schumacher, Di Resta.

And for the others.. I really don't care. I'm just curious how Kobayashi will end up. I hope he gets a deal in one of the better cars in front.

Well Kobayashi and Perez have both signed contracts with Sauber for 2012 so neither of them are going anywhere.

Ferrari have said that Massa is staying for 2012. Perez will be a more likely option for 2013, as Kobayashi poses a bigger threat to Alonso. Perez is more likely to settle into a Number 2 role.

Schumacher has hinted at retirement and Mercedes have pretty much said that they're prepared to build the team around Rosberg, so I'd imagine he'll stay put.
DiResta is a good shout to take Schumacher's seat though, unless Force India offer him more to stay on.

Raikkonen will not return to F1.

to be honest 2012 will be kind of lame, 2013 is when there will be a massive silly season going on.

Kobayashi could be looking at 3 teams: Redbull, Mercedes or Ferrari imo

The most likely will be Ferrari though, but he has too keep hes current advanatge over Perez(which isn't impossible because if he can improve hes qualifying then he will be almost a complete driver).

Di Resta is looking good for Mercedes but he needs to add some more consistency to hes game, however hes got plenty of time to work on that and pace wise he seems to have it over Sutil right off the bat, which is a very good sign for him.

For webbers seat which he will very likely leave in 2013 will be between Buemi, Ricciardo and Kobayashi if the first two fail to impress.

I think the Red Bull big bosses are trying to line Ricciardo up for Webber's seat in 2013.
I've got a feeling that neither Buemi or Alguesuari will be going anywhere in 2012 though.

Webber will stay red bull for one more year, though there is no way he'd get the seat in 2013. However i see riccardo joining buemi next year at toro rosso, and i actually see buemi moving to partner Vetell in 2013. It doesnt seem like a swell idea, but i think in a great car he will be competitive.

Ferrari will not hire hamilton, Alonso and Hamilton dont get along, but Massa will probably leave in 2013 unless he ups his game a lot. Kobiashi has this seat neatly lined up if he continues his form into 2012 for a 2013 start.

Schumi will retire this year, Di Riesta wont be his replacement though. They may try a rookie....

Why does everyone say that Webber wouldn't get the seat in 2013. It's more a choice for him as to whether to stay or to retire. Red Bull Racing are definitely willing to keep him and want to sign him as he is a great driver.

Webber will stay red bull for one more year, though there is no way he'd get the seat in 2013. However i see riccardo joining buemi next year at toro rosso, and i actually see buemi moving to partner Vetell in 2013. It doesnt seem like a swell idea, but i think in a great car he will be competitive.

Ferrari will not hire hamilton, Alonso and Hamilton dont get along, but Massa will probably leave in 2013 unless he ups his game a lot. Kobiashi has this seat neatly lined up if he continues his form into 2012 for a 2013 start.

Schumi will retire this year, Di Riesta wont be his replacement though. They may try a rookie....

Buemi won't go to Red Bull. Especially if Alguesuari stays ontop of him like he has been in the past few races.

Perez is more likely to go to Ferrari than Kobayashi. Seeing as Ferrari are putting him in a 2009 car for a test in a few weeks. You don't see them doing the same for Kobayashi. He's a bit more reckless.

Mercedes 100% will not go with a rookie. DiResta has been in the Mercedes driver programme for years and has regular meetings with Haug. The seat is his when it's available.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.7%