2012 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

Imo hes a bit of a Damon Hill allthough I rate Button quite a bit higher, he did get the WDC by default considering he only had to beat Barrichello, but hes strength is what some of the top drivers lack(consistency) he does lack the speed though.

He still had to win the title and get the results that allowed him to do it. Besides, he had to race the other 19 drivers as well and for half the year, if not more, Red Bull had the better car.
By the time Redbull had the better car it was too late the Brawns dominace in the first few races was unseen, but even then there where races it was faster then after mid season such as Monza.

Button is consistent and with a car that was light years ahead of the feild(before silverstone) there was no chance anyone was going to catch that gap up.

He still had to win the title and get the results that allowed him to do it. Besides, he had to race the other 19 drivers as well and for half the year, if not more, Red Bull had the better car.

People are forgetting that The car Jenson won the WDC in was pulled out of thin air on 2 months notice, with minimal funding, no sponsorship and a skeleton team of engineers. So even if Jenson doesn't get the praise he deserves, the team performed a miracle.

Haven't forgotten. :wink: Besides, the car was being designed in April/May 2008, before Honda pulled out. Jenson and co. all knew how good the car was going to be and that's why they stayed rather than going elsewhere which they could easily of done.

They had to redesign it to incororate the different engine though. Wasn't all plain sailing.

Only the back end which compromised the aerodynamics of the car along with the centre of gravity.

Which probably if anything highlights how dominate it would be if Honda continued into 2009.

The Mercedes engine was was arguably a lot better than the Honda one after the engine freeze in 2006. Either way, we will never know if they would of been better or no.

Red Bull - Vettel, Webber
McLaren - Hamilton, Button
Ferrari - Alonso, Kobayashi
Mercedes - Rosberg, Sutil
Renault - Kubica, Petrov
Williams - Barrichello, Heidfeld
Force India - Di Resta, Hulkenberg
Sauber - Massa, Perez
Toro Rosso - Buemi, Ricciardo
Lotus - Kovalainen, Maldonado
HRT - Liuzzi, Chandhok
Virgin - Glock, Senna

Well he has put him to mercedes but i would disagree, paul di resta lacks expereince but is more talented, hes faster then sutil he just needs to translate that speed into points.

Di Resta's a much better fit at Mercedes than Sutil. He's on the Mercedes driver programme already. Not to mention a DTM champion with the AMG Mercedes team.
Plus Sutil's got those potential assault charges to deal with. I'm sure Mercedes wouldn't want any association with that.

As for Williams, Maldonaldo hasn't really stepped up to the plate. Hulkenburg would've been the better choice in my opinion. So I don't see Maldonaldo going anywhere higher in the F1 team list.

I still don't see Alguesuari losing his seat. He's really stepping up his game and has left Buemi eating his dust in the last couple races. He just needs to sort his qualifying out.

Kobiyashi won't go to Ferrari. He's too aggressive and poses more of a threat to Alonso than Perez would. Its all about keeping the toys in the pram at Ferrari now they've signed Alonso long-term.

Red Bull: Vettel/Webber
McLaren: Hamilton/Button
Ferrari: Alonso/Massa
Mercedes: Schumacher/Heidfeld
Renault: Kubica/Rosberg
Sauber: Kobayashi/Perez
Force India: Di resta/Petrov
Toro Rosso: Alguersuari/Ricciardo
Williams: Barrichello/Hulkenberg
Lotus: Kovalainen/Bianci
HRT: Random Low Paid Drivers
Virgin:Sutil/Wickens

Red Bull: Vettel/Webber<BR>McLaren: Hamilton/Button<BR>Ferrari: Alonso/Massa<BR>Mercedes: Schumacher/Heidfeld<BR>Renault: Kubica/Rosberg<BR>Sauber: Kobayashi/Perez<BR>Force India: Di resta/Petrov<BR>Toro Rosso: Alguersuari/Ricciardo<BR>Williams: Barrichello/Hulkenberg<BR>Lotus: Kovalainen/Bianci<BR>HRT: Random Low Paid Drivers<BR>Virgin:Sutil/Wickens<BR>

No chance in hell will Rosberg go to Renault. Mercedes are prepared to pay big $$ and build the team around him.
Sutil's far too good for Virgin racing, plus your forgetting that Glock just signed a 2 year deal.

No chance!
Ferrari wouldn't waste their time on a driver less competitive than Massa.

And Schumacher wouldn't go there as he'd clearly be Number 2 to Alonso.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back