2011 World Rally Championship

I am lucky I didnt :D I dont like VW. Too much conservative. We have one, and its brilliant car. Thats what I dont like it :D It looses personality. This Polo is just the same - after Škoda Motorsport built (yes, with money from VW) the unbeatable S2000 beast, they took the best and putted it into this machine. Thanks to this and that VW stopped supporting Škoda in motorsport, all hopes for Škoda WRC are gone... well, I was never going to like this team!

I'm just catching up on news since returning from holidays.
I heard that Ogier has been dropped by Citroen, what happened? This seems like a strange move to me, he looked very strong for them, didn't he like being second to Loeb?

I'd say it will be a good move by VW though, surely it will strengthen their prospects for their entry into the WRC.

Of course, my main interest will be the MINI Team next year, I'm hoping they will continue their rapid progress and get close to matching Citroen and Ford.

We can only guess what happened to Ogier in Citroen. But its known he was like Colin when it came to do what team says (which I actually like on him). He is "young" and very very competitive driver, who wants to win at all cost and I think this strategy didnt suit to Citroen with Loeb #1. He took the chance to be first driver in another team and I guess he believes that Germans will be very sophisticated in their work, so he has opened door. Thats what I think.

I am fan of MINI too, amazing car (the nicest even), what a sound and sympathetic drivers (Sordo mainly). But they are without main sponsor and their relationship with BMW leader are not good, at least rumors say that. :(

Bad news has came recently from Prodrive.

Even though last season was big success for Mini, Prodrive has no sponsor for next season and BMW wants to focus more on DTM than WRC series. BMW will support the WRC team only when David Richards finds sponsor - which he hasnt.

Situation is that bad, that (by rallye-magain.de) the cheaf of Prodrive, on FIA meeting, was asking for reducing requirements to enter next season, because they have money only for 7-8 events, not complete season, which isnt enough to sign up to WRC series.

If FIA wont change the rules, Mini cant enter. This means no homologation of new Cooper WRC (March of 2012) and that would mean end of Mini in WRC series.

I am lucky I didnt :D I dont like VW. Too much conservative. We have one, and its brilliant car. Thats what I dont like it :D It looses personality. This Polo is just the same - after Škoda Motorsport built (yes, with money from VW) the unbeatable S2000 beast, they took the best and putted it into this machine. Thanks to this and that VW stopped supporting Škoda in motorsport, all hopes for Škoda WRC are gone... well, I was never going to like this team!
All hopes for Skoda in WRC are now back: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96431

how Funny would it be if he contested for the title with it.

Lets hope that Prodrive goes for the cheaper solution: a full season of WTCC :) They can replace the 3 series BMW in this championship as since the factory left the BMW's are just filling up the grid.

Lets hope that Prodrive goes for the cheaper solution: a full season of WTCC :) They can replace the 3 series BMW in this championship as since the factory left the BMW's are just filling up the grid.
No prodrive needs to stay in WRC it's where they belong, they know how to make good rally cars.

Besides WTCC is boring and needs to be heavily revised to make it more intresting, compare it to v8 supercars and there is no comparison.

Totally different concept and budgets. The WTCC is the cheapest of the official world championships that the FIA organizes. Its mainly a series that was created to fill the need of Eurosport to host a touring car racing series on TV. Hence the sprint races and double race format (good for the commercials).

Details of the new-for-2012 Qualifying Stage concept are beginning to emerge as organisers of the opening rounds of next season publish their Rally Guides, a document containing all essential event information.

The Qualifying Stage has been introduced to determine the starting order for Priority 1 and Priority 2 drivers on the first day of all loose-surface rounds of next year’s World Rally Championship.

Crews will be permitted to complete two passes of the Qualifying Stage during a two-hour window of free practice, known previously as Shakedown. Then, in championship order, crews will complete one qualifying run in an attempt to set the fastest time possible.

The P1 and P2 crews, in order of fastest to slowest, will select their starting position for the opening day of competition. A P1 or P2 driver not able to complete the Qualifying Stage will be the last to select their starting position.

In an effort to prevent the use of tactics when drivers deliberately slowing down near the finish of stages to influence starting position for the next day of an event, all P1 and P2 crews will restart in reverse order of their provisional overall classification.

The first Qualifying Stage of the season will take place on Rally Sweden with organisers planning to use the 1.9-kilometre Super Special Stage Karlstad on Thursday 9 February to determine the starting order for day one.

On Rally Guanajuato Mexico in March, the Qualifying Stage will be based in San Jose de Llanos, 50 kilometres from the service park in Leon, on Thursday 8 March where a 4.75-kilometre course will be created.

Drivers will fight for the right to select their road position for the opening day of Vodafone Rally de Portugal by tackling the 4.96-kilometre Vale do Judeu Qualifying Stage on the morning of Wednesday 28 March.

Taken from wrc.com

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back